Olds style crank in Donovan

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by turbinetom, Nov 12, 2008.

1. turbinetom

turbinetom New Member

Hi,
    At the risk of sounding ignorant...I need some technical help from you experienced guys. I have several Donovan HC-700's (11.100 tall deck Chevrolet) that are bored for 3 inch mains. I have only one crank that is a 5.100 Crower with 8 bolt Chrysler flange (crank was installed in complete shortblock). The blocks all have a center thrust bearing and I believe the bearing bore to be for Oldsmobile Diesel dimensions and bearing type. Question is: Are the cranks offerred for the KB Olds type blocks the same that will fit my Donovans?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Tom Timmermann
    Danville IN

2. GumBGone

GumBGone Member

The KB Olds blocks use a Chevy size and style crank, rear thrust. Sorry

3. turbinetom

turbinetom New Member

Are you 100% certian? I see cranks offerred for the KB Olds that have 3" mains and Chrysler pins (2.375) same as the Crower unit I have now...

Tom

4. GumBGone

GumBGone Member

There maybe a different configuration but the two blocks I have are Chevy mains and the crank has Chrysler pins. Give Chris at AJPE a call, he is very knowledgeable on the engines.

5. turbinetom

turbinetom New Member

Ok, Thanks...I just feel funny about asking for help from people I'm not buying from...thats why I asked the question here. Seems like most racers like to share knowledge they've accumulated.

Tom