Oil filter line question...

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Scouder, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Scouder

Scouder New Member

I have a KB oil pump on my Hemi, and a remote System 1 filter. When I disassembled the engine I marked the position of the lines so I could get them back together without any problems, but the marks got rubbed off. So here are the questions I need answered to make sure I get my lines hooked up right.

On my pump, when mounted to the engine, one of the two hose fittings facing the front of the engine is higher than the other. Which of these is the pressure side to the filter, the high one or the low one?

On the filter, there is a hose connection in the center, and one on the edge. I am assuming that the pressure line to the filter is on the edge, and the return back to the pump is from the center. Is this accurate?

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Brian

2. BigB

BigB New Member

If you will put an air line in the inlet the air comes out the outlet just like the oil thats how I did it............:D

3. BigB

BigB New Member

Sorry didnt finish reading your post, I would have to look at our filter to say which is the outlet. I can do that latter or maybe someone will chime in with the answer quicker.

4. Scouder

Scouder New Member

Thanks BigB,

I went to System 1 website, and it shows the center fitting on the remote mount being the return to the pump, so I had that part right. As for the pump, I'm pretty sure the outlet to the filter is the top fitting. It is in line with the inlet from the pan. I will drop my pump and make sure the bottom fitting goes to the oil journal in the block (I didn't pay attention as I put the pump on). If so then that confirms it.

-Brian

5. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

if you have a fax I can send you the schematic...and if you have word spell check send it to me:D.Dave

6. willys33

willys33 new

They way I have it:

Top of the oil pump goes to the outside of the filter and bottom of the oil pump goes to center of the filter. Been working fine for some time. Now somebody will tell me it’s wrong. LOL

Mack

7. Scouder

Scouder New Member

I'm pretty sure you have it right. That's the way I intend to run it. Dave Lowe over at Secondwind racing gave me a diagram that has three lines, but the top of the pump went to the edge of the filter, and the bottom of the pump went to the center of the filter.

-Brian

8. PROMOD63

PROMOD63 Member

Thats right top line goes to filter and bottom line feeds the motor and you want the oil to hit the outside of the filter first so you can see debris let me tell ya i got a good experiance with this last weekend had lines hooked up wrong on a conventinal filter with a check valve and really tore stuff up when the check valve closed up and shut oil off