Off-set Mag Drives

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by NITROITCH, Feb 14, 2004.

1. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

In my TAFC, I've been running an old style Whipple and Msd 44 with Veney BNR heads and BNR billet manifold. We did not need an offset mag- drive. But I now will run the BAE fat head 5s with the same MSD 44, will I need a mag offset drive? If so, is it because of the fatheads and or manifold. What's the difference in the Sitko, PSI and Dunn. I like the Dunn (single of course) with the CO2 retard cyl. What do you think?

2. Gary Mangiafico

Warren,

I use the Dunn Drive. I have never had a problem. Very Happy with it. I have heard good things about the PSI drive, however I have NO experience.

PS Are you still interested in the Body and or Car?

Sincerely,

Absolute Pleasure Racing

Gary Mangiafico

3. Kevin Brown

Kevin Brown Top Dragster

Warren, I am with Gary...I use a Dunn with air (bimba) advance....love it and by the way...it is an old one...still works like it's new!

Peace, Kevin
    www.jokerswildracing.com

4. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

Gary, read your email(s), I sent you tonight. Warren

5. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

We run the Sitko mag drive...for obvious reasons, but it is truly a quality piece. Have only heard good things about them from people who run them. My grandpa (George Sitko) makes nearly every piece from scratch (excluding the bronze gear, belt, bearings, nuts and bolts). He has custom-built different drives for racers in our area, as well as in the US - regular angle drives, front-mount drives, etc. Rick Santos ran one for quite a few years because the timing on the drive was very accurate and did not fluctuate. Not sure what he charges nowadays, but it'd be worth giving him a call. His number is 562-243-0482 .

6. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

but do i need an offset???didn't with veney bnr 2.5 alky heads and old whipple with bnr billet maifold.?