O'bannon in a Lencodrive?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

My sources say O'Bannon/Grimes plan on using a Lencodrive this year....

Things that make ya go hmmmm... :eek:

2. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

Hmmmm, if you could just match the ideal clutch slippage of a four disc with a torque converter it would beat dealing with clutch changing every round. Might just work on a-fuel cars but wait a minute. NHRA would never allow a-fuel cars to use a converter!!!! Maybe a tranny. Not.

3. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Be interesting to see how they do, I know Mic Snider struggled with his Lenco in TAD.

4. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

{I know Mic Snider struggled with his Lenco in TAD.}

I saw he "struggled" to the Div 3 Champion status in Afc this year, I believe all pioneers struggle but there is extreme satisfaction when the DARING fellas find success and then have others trying to get the "secret" how they did it. Larry and Mick have been alone to develop there program and have achieved great success albeit probably slower in time than they wanted. I believe Mick and Larry would have increased their performance in the Tad if they had chose to stay in that class this year. Adding another reputable team of enthusiasts will only add to the performance gains in this area.

5. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Les, note I said he struggled in the Dragster. That's why they changes to FC I assume. None the less I bet in the next 2-3 years you see a lot more of the Lencodrive's pop up.

6. Brute359

Brute359 New Member

I think you would have seen similar gains in performance had he stayed with the dragster. I'd guess the AFD/BAD disparity had something to do with the switch as well...

7. T.Smith

T.Smith Top Dragster

I wouldn't say Larry and Mick struggled with their TAD. The landscape of TAD was more of a reason for the switch. The same reason why we put a T/F deal together.

8. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

What disparity???

9. was R4K

was R4K Member

C'mon Dan! We all know the BAD's have a big advantage over a/fd and any honorable racer would switch to a/fd just to bring the class back to an even playing field- Sportsmanship ya know! [​IMG]

10. Brute359

Brute359 New Member

Maybe "dispute" was a better word choice than "disparity". I wasn't trying to make a comment one way or another regarding AFD's and BAD's...

11. TD2490

TD2490 New Member