Nozzle number question

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Judd Racing, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Judd Racing

Judd Racing New Member

I just got a car with port nozzles that say E36 on one flat and 40 on the other. Are these 36s or 40s???

Thanks!

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

It could be that the jets were flowed and the number changed to match the actual jet flow. The question is which one is correct. The standard Enderle port jet does not have a E before the number and just has a two digit number so based on that logic the number with the E before it would be the corrected number. This is all guessing. One thing you can do is to send the jets in question to Ralph Gorr Fuel Systems and have him flow the jet or all the jets and tell you what they really are. Ralph sells some great flow calibrated jets that are priced well. I use nothing but flowed jets.

3. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

When Enderle sells a flow jet it has an E before the number. I would say it was originally drilled to be a 40, somebody flowed it and found it to match the GPM of a flowed Enderle 36.

4. eli

eli Banned

you got it backwards. flowed jets and or nozzles have two # the E # and the acutal size # in this case it would be an 40 witch is perfect for a leakdown gage. :D

5. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

side note

depending on fuel pressure, unless you have a 400 lb fuel pressure system, going from a 36 to a 40 isnt much of a change. It's not the same as going from a 66 to a 70. The smaller the nozzle/jet, the smaller the change is in the numbers. On the other hand, in big nozzles like 60s-70s and even bigger still on the big main jets 100 and higher, one number changes are way bigger changes.

6. eli

eli Banned

And thats wrong too. a 115 jet flows 1.74% more than a 114 jet

on the other hand, a # 51 jet flows 3.87% more than a # 50 jet. :rolleyes:
    Gene Terenzio Sr. shouldn't have more that 150 Lb's presser. best is 130 Lb's

If you have more than150 lb's you'll be popping all your poppets on the starting line.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  7. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

Ye, mine do have 2 numbers also. Do they drill them 40 and than flow them?

8. eli

eli Banned

They use a reamer not a drill

9. eli

eli Banned

They use a reamer not a drill, the first #+E is there so you know its a flowed nozzle.

10. Worms

Worms Member

Or you could just switch to KJ Crawford stuff... tand take away the guesswork.

11. Les Mellows

Les Mellows New Member

I suggest we strap Eli to a flow bench , then one day he will understand ,his way around the block isn't the "best" or only way to get there .
    I don't understand why you are stuck in the 70's ?? but some of the info you give may be misinterpreted by some .

12. eli

eli Banned

I suggest some one tell LipLes what to do today. Like jump off your wallet and commit suicide. :p:D

13. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

motor

Eli, I see your point, but the motor will damn sure notice a change from a 114 to a 116 more than it's going to notice going from a 50 to a 52.

I agree on the fuel pressure deal, but there are some extremely high pressure systems out there, primarily with the outlaw pro mod stuff. I've heard of some deals in excess of 350-400 lbs of fuel pressure. I don't agree with it, but it's out there.

14. eli

eli Banned

If your using small jets #52/ #53 aren't you automatically making more pressure? I here some are using the loop for the main jet with a blank jet in the main 's place?.