Nitro FC and Dragster to ADRL?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

ADRL signage on the Pedregon cars, JR Todd 'hanging' around, and a "BIG" announcement supposedly coming soon for ADRL, coming in on the heels of the Sheik buying out Tommy Lipar and Dave Wood's interest in the ADRL...

Scuttlebut on the street is ADRL will have at least some booked in nitro cars soon....

Definitely one of those things that make you go hmmm..

Then again, it may not be anything more than just a booked in exibition with some Al-Anabi "House" cars.

2. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Wow. I hope they figure out how to prep a track first or someone will get killed. I was told the starting line was okay @ HRP, but from 150-200 feet on, it was an ice rink. The Topeka event was an eye opener for me. I've walked that track on some of the coldest and hottest conditions during NHRA Divisionals and Nationals, as well as test n tunes.. I have never seen that track so greasy. Maybe I've just been spoiled by track prep, but my fat ass could stand flat footed out at the 60 foot cone and spin on it like a ballerina.

My hat goes off to the tuners and drivers in ADRL in the fact they do what they do and no one has been killed.

3. ticker

ticker New Member

Well with the countdown coming up if the FC's are not in the countdown they can race where they want to. Do I smell Nitro in the ADRL. If it's Nitro the fans will come. With the low spectator counts lately Kenny will try to draw the fans with the nitro cars.

4. WANNABE

WANNABE New Member

So, they go and run there, but will NHRA hammer on them considering this to be testing?

5. ticker

ticker New Member

Sure but it doesn't matter if your not in the countdown.

6. nitrodude

nitrodude Nostalgia Top Fuel

Adrl/nitro

It WILL matter if there's FINES involved !!

7. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

ownership

I wonder how prone NHRA will be to pick a fight with ADRL now that the Sheik is a majority partner. Literally that gives ADRL waaay more resources than NHRA. It just depends on how much of a threat NHRA perceives ADRL.

8. troysitko

troysitko New Member

Adrl

Maybe a partnership between both associations would lend the best results. Off weekends for NHRA can be on weekends for ADRL and no fines or point penalizations for pros running ADRL events?

9. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

As long as ADRL needs free tickets to pull crowds I doubt NHRA has anything to worry about. Now if they got those crowds charging $20-25? That would be a different story...

10. vamcaptain

vamcaptain Member

I agree. In addition I might add that the NHRA benefits from a larger drag racing fan base whether it be ADRL or IHRA or even the local outlaw racers. As long as more fans are created then the future of the sport is brighter. The NHRA has got to start bringing in the new fan like the ADRL is doing now.

Interesting statistic...over 70% of the spectators at an ADRL event have never attended a drag race before...what's the NHRA or IHRA bringing in for new fan base?

Just my $.02

11. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

over on dragracingonline they stated they have no interest in the nitro cars,then why is it Tony Ps when the big shots say no after it leaks it probable is going to happen,and the decal was pretty big on Tonys car,and even Tony says he is looking for money

12. rickey

rickey Member

rumor is some of the big name NHRA drivers may be driving pro mods at some point

13. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Excellent Point, the Best thing that can Happen to NHRA is a ADRL Pulling crowds! Maybe it might(?) make NHRA rethink it's ticket prices...

14. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Any driver, especially one sidelined because of Sponsor woes won't pass up a free ride in most anything as long as they think they can win races!