NHRA..You have finally won!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Autopro, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Autopro

Autopro Member

It is with great disappointment that I announce the decision to quit racing my Top Alcohol Dragster much sooner than I had planned . I have run this class for over 30 years and have never missed a Division 2 race until last year, when the purse was reduced in half. Out of protest I missed several races. This also started me thinking about quitting. We were the lowest payout division before the cut, but being open minded, I decided to wait and see how the Regional Program would play out. The fact that NHRA decided to run only ONE Regional race in the South, when they own the Atlanta Track made me realize how little NHRA cares about the racers.
    Over the years I used to run 5 or 6 National meets a year, but those moved away too. The reason NHRA gave for not having the alcohol class at the Atlanta and Bristol National events, was a pit space issue. But they didn't bring us back when the car counts dropped.??? We also lost Richmond, Memphis, Columbus and Louisiana, leaving one National event in the south until Charlotte.
    What we will miss most are the many friends we have made over the years and certainly wish all of you the best of luck in the future.
    I also wish The Pro-Sportsman Association the best of luck, as it will take a large group of racers to get things done. With me, I have left numerous e-mails and phone call messages last year at NHRA and I never received a return call or email. With the association there is strength in numbers.

Special THANKS to many of you for friendship, help and assistance over the years. We will miss you !

Don and Denise Fiorelli
    ddfio@aol.com

Our website shows what we have for sale.
    www.fiorellimotorsports.webs.com

2. clint thompson

wow

Sad but true, hard to justify sometimes what we do. Problem (or best thing) with taking a break is you just might find out you CAN live without it. Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

3. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

Sorry to see you 'hang up the firesuit' Don, enjoyed seeing you @ the Gators !! :cool:

4. 5081afuel

5081afuel New Member

nhra

Just call and tell them you have some money to throw at them... I am sure they will call you then...

5. NITRO

NITRO ??

NHRA Won

It always sad to see a dedicated racer give up what they love.
    Contact, Rod Saint @ www.AHRA Motorsports.com
    ask him what they may have to offer T/A racers.
    Nitro.

6. The Zone

The Zone Member

Nitro, I see you are from Vancouver, I likely know you, but what the hell are you thinking. Saint and the AHRA are possibly the worst answer to your dreams. THey almost killed a couple tracks just two years ago and they were small time then.

There is not a sane track owner or manager in the free world that you would look at the AHRA unless they came with a boatload of cash upfront.

Dean

7. smblkbob

smblkbob Member

AHRA has been dead for quite some time now.
    Sold a few memberships I hear. lol

Great idea with the wrong people.

Sorry to hear you're leaving but many people have made the same decision.
    I ran Nostalgia Top Fuel for fun but rules just got the better of me with not that many
    races to spread out the cost.
    This will be the second Hot Rod Reunion I'll miss but will keep the car. Things do change
    and it costs me nothing sitting in the shop.
    The old saying is once you quit, you'll never being able to rebuild.

Bob

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  8. NITRO

NITRO ??

Ahra

The AHRA can be rebuilt with the right people...
    Myself and Rod Saint..
    We are for the little guys.........
    Nitro.

9. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

It's sad to see Don or anyone else hang it up especially for the reasons stated here. As for the AHRA, they spun there tires there bearings and everything else at the hit. I would love to see it come back especially now that NHRA has reduced it's divisionals for the top alcohol cars. Also throw in a B class and you will have a good show that serves the racers, the sponsors and the fans.

10. jeffj

jeffj Member

Drag racer has a pure bred Miniture Pincer;
    He goes to feed the dog and the dog bites his hand when he puts the food down for him;
    He likes the dog in spite of this, so he goes down town and buys top of the line food;
    He goes again to feed the dog and gets bit;
    He figures that the dog has been so good over the years that it must be his fault;
    He goes back down town and buys the dog a new bed and shows it to him;
    Dog bites his hand as he puts it on the floor for him;
    Racer still figures that it must be his fault;
    Goes out into the yard and picks up all the shit and then cuts the grass;
    Then picks up the neighbours bitch in heat and turns them loose in the yard;
    The next day on his way to his car in the yard the minpin bites him on the ass;
    In frustration the racer finally takes the dog to the Vet to have him psychoanalyzed;
    Vet tells the racer that while the dog is only a Miniature, he has been bred to think that he is full sized and the only possible hope for him is to neuter him to calm him down and bring him to an understanding of his value and size in the real world.
    While the racer likes his dog fiesty, the dog needs to know when to bite and when to heel......so the racer, who has paid all the bills, decides to...............
    Jeff J

11. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Didn't I see an article in here stating the NHRA only booked regionals at tracks that wanted Alky cars? So how is it that NHRA doesn't care about the racers???

12. Autopro

Autopro Member

NHRA'S Choice

Since NHRA owns Atlanta track and Can choose what takes place at that track. You do the math!!!

13. Darren Smith

Darren Smith New Member

Is there not a Regional at Gainesville?