NHRA rule book and blower overdrive

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by nick bell, Dec 29, 2004.

1. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

Just got my new 2005 rule book and was taking a look at the over drive limits. Do they actually expect a funny car with a roots blower to run less than 50% overdrdive? I mean the roots cars cant compete as it is but who came up with that idea?

2. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

Hey Nick, Mert talked to NHRA a while back and its a misprint. its for fuel cars only because they were turning them up on 85%. how are you and Melissa doing?

3. nick bell

nick bell TAFC

Oh ok i was just curious was thinking why dont they just outlaw the roots blowers. Melissa and I are good. She is getting big. Mom arrived this afternoon to spend a few days down here with us. Ironically when we walked in the door the funny cars from the epping event were on speed vision so we watched that. Hope you all are doing well.

Nick

4. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

dont think anyone runs NHRA anywhere with a roots but in the northeast!

5. Norm Drazy

Norm Drazy Jr. Dragster

The highest overdrive that I was aware of on a T/F dragster last year was '56 over. Man, did that thing thunder in the pits! About knocked several fans on their "a :eek: :eek: es" when they ripped the throttle.

Norm