NHRA Nitro New body Tether rules......

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Jagger, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Jagger

Jagger Member

Anyone else want to know when and if they will hit us with this?..... Seems like it puts the driver in a ton of danger if in fact any of the body stays on the car beating the hell out of the driver.....

http://www.nhra.com/story/2013/6/7/new-latch-system/

2. eli

eli Banned

Like the mohel said, It wont be long now.I wonder what it looks like, and evadently it has to be certed. Witch is bull $#!t, to us do it your self guys.:p

3. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

I think we'll be safe until we start exploding the manifolds as bad as the fuel cars have been lately.

In all honesty, I think the burst panel tethers are also contributing to their problem. When they blow off, they carry a lot of energy, hence why they go so high. Well now the body and trees have to absorb the energy being hooked to it. They can do a lot of damage to the body and supports on a good boom on an alky car.

4. diamond mill

diamond mill New Member

Body burst panels

Regarding TA/FC body burst panels.... You have to live with the teathers for good reason. Understanding the damage incurred to the body and tree, what if you install hinges for the burst panel similar to roof hatch hinges? I've seen this applied, and the reported results are positive.

Best regards,
    Joe

5. dcamick

dcamick New Member

Interesting thought!!