NHRA,..And the Prices go up

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by ITS IN MY BLOOD, Apr 8, 2009.

1. ITS IN MY BLOOD

2. Bill Sweeney

Bill Sweeney Jr. Dragster

They doubled all of them!

I printed out the previous renewal form since mine is up at the end of April...wonder if I send it in with the old fees if anyone there would notice?!!!

3. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

Great! Soon I won't even be able to afford to dream about driving

I was pretty sure given the economy that just means peoples services cost less because they are afraid they can't keep work. That's why the exact same job for the same company that used to pay me $13 per hr now offers $9 per hr.

Since cost of racing is apparently going up does this mean the minimum wage for payouts is going up as well?

Might as well sell the car, buy a house, and start a normal/boring life.

Trevor "The Dreamer" Sherwood

4. GregM784

GregM784 Member

1002 reasons NHRA can kiss my ass. However, i have no f'ing choice but to pay to play.

5. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

I had a feeling that as the IHRA imploded the NHRA would find themselves the only game in town. Once there wasn't any competition they could simply do whatever they want. What choice de we have? Maybe now they can afford to officially hire a vice president of BS? They got a vice president for everything else. The new VP of BS can handle their inactivity in the Impact issues. I wonder how he will justify raising the expenses as the economy is tanking? Pretty soon the NHRA will only be focused on the pros. The rest of us are just there as filler for events, the vice presidential paychecks and subjects for the VP of BS- Dave Germain

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Online it says they haven't raised their fees in many years. Same could be said for the purses, so I guess you'll see the announcement soon about purses going up.

7. Dave Labs

Dave Labs New Member

Very good Randy, I needed a laugh.

Dave

8. john348

john348 Top Alcohol

I liked the last paragraph, take away all the sportsman cars, and watch the big show go away:rolleyes:

It should be noted that these fees, even as increased, do not cover the costs for Sportsman programs. NHRA will continue to subsidize costs to provide these programs. NHRA remains committed to Sportsman racing, and these increases will assist us in being able to continue to provide premier racing programs at the national, divisional, and local level.

9. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

hahaha, yeah....

10. eli

eli Banned

if they got rid of the sportsman classes, the manufactures would loose a ton of money, don't think they would be to happy. ;)

11. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Sportsman racing is where its at. All I hear from the higher ups here is "what do we have for Top Fuel?" They know nothing about drag racing other than top fuel teams use a lot of discs and floaters. I don't want the hassle! It's hard enough to get away from the Pro's we do serve so I can go cruise the Alcohol Pits at national events. I always have to remind them that fuel teams come and go, and while the volumes are nice, Top Alcohol and Comp guys have FAR superior volumes because of the number of teams and actually appreciate what you do for them if you cut them a break other than Pro teams who tend to expect free sh$t. As a manufacturer, I'll take sportsman over the pro's any day.

The irony here is, "The economy is slow, so we'll charge you double to show up and entertain the people in the stands."

Not-For-Profit: I know a girl who works in the offices of Public Broadcasting. She pulls in 200k a year to be a part of a marketing board to corporations. She has a company car, cell phone, 50k of furniture in her office, all paid for by the corporation for public broadcasting and "viewers like you." NFP status is more abused than the chairs on Jerry Springer.

12. BEDNAR1320

BEDNAR1320 Member

Does anybody know what the entry will be at the lodrs races for comp on down to sst?

13. Hokes Racing

Hokes Racing Moderator

think this year it will be your first born

14. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

First born

While I'm screwed then....My car is my first born! Hey there could be an opportunity for me as a soldier here.....when everyone gets Pissed at the NHRA they will need protection....hmmm....Top alcohol mercenary....it's catchy...lol

15. SICTOR

SICTOR hola amigos!

poss!t!v!ty?

zucks right? well how can we turn this into lemonade? or horchata? no one likes the rise, I am not even a driver and I even pinched my own wallet. the price hike is here now...so join hands with me and lets climb this mountain together.....so lets get the sand out of our vaginas and race. maybe just run less races and save/prepare for next year, just tell your friends that this season is a "Testing Season". eazier said than dun right amigos?, but n e wayz....thats my 2 pesos.....lates!

S!CTOR=> :)P

16. eli

eli Banned

This is what I would do, Get every one on board, stop racing for one month, you won't break any parts so you wont buy any parts, let the manufactures and tracks see what it will be like if sportsman racing diminished, let them go ballistic on NHRA, might work or not. :D

17. nitrohaulic

nitrohaulic Bracket Racer

http://www.nitromater.com/nhra/21428-no-sportsman-racers-atlanta.html

18. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

I was shocked when I went and had my chassis certified today in Norwalk @ Summit Racing Equipment Motorsports Park. The guy only took 5 minutes to go over my chassis which had NEVER been certified before. My Dad went with me and he said that as hard as I was boned that NHRA should have atleast given me some candy or flowers!

19. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Mr.MOPAR,..
    which cert did you get ? 8.50 and slower, 7.50 and slower,
    and how much did they get you for ????

Thanks
    Vic

20. MrMoparRacing

MrMoparRacing New Member

8.50 and slower and they socked me $150!
    Drake