Newby Question...blown alcohol initial set-up and run tune-up

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by gf20295, Jun 12, 2018.

1. gf20295

gf20295 New Member

https://airdensityonline.com/

has anyone used the Pro Calc and Pro Tune programs?

if so what were your results?

would you recommend these?

thank you

greg

2. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

If you want a great alcohol tuning program then get Alky Pro. Go www.alkypro.com. It is the most advanced tuning software out there plus great support. Most tuning software such as Jetsize work only off of corrected altitude. Alky Pro computes the cooling effect of temperature and humidity on the incoming air and adjusts the fuel for the internal density altitude change. It also computes the difference specific gravity change of Methanol due to ambient temperature change or you cooling the fuel. The Alky Pro site has a demo version you can download and try for two weeks free.

3. gf20295

gf20295 New Member

thank you

4. GregM784

GregM784 Member

@Greg, i used Procalc. Once you set up your baseline, it's very consistant. I've known Bob Szabo for years, he's a good guy, always willing to help. I can share more if you'd like.

Iron Crisis likes this.
  5. gf20295

gf20295 New Member

thanks greg...once i get all the parts and engine together i'll definately be emailing you.

thank you very much

6. bigaldart

bigaldart New Member

Mike Canter, given you are inputting the correct data, would you just plug in the numbers suggested and send it? Just curious but willing to invest if it gives a real upside to the brain alone.

7. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Yes, you either use data at 8000 rpm or 9000 rpm in any gear you want but that always stays the same. Then put in the pump flow and the port and hat jets, pump loop with check valve pressures, port check valve pressure and then adjust it for the gpm flow given. If somebody flowed your system and gave you the tuneup then you need the corrected altitude it was computed at. Then you adjust it so the main jet is correct for the data given. Now all you have to do is insert the temp, bark and humidity at the track before the run and it will change the flowed data to match the at track weather. If you have a flow meter on the car then you can calibrate Alky Pro to match the car. From then on every run is the same as a flow bench run. If no flow meter then make a run a read the plugs. If too lean then easy to add fuel in the setup. If too rich you can take it out. Once you have it where you want it you just have the weather current and it will give you the correct main jet to keep it correct. That’s pretty high level look at the program but it works great. We use it in our NHRA promod as well as a lot of other big time racers. The problem is it is so good that nobody wants to tell you they are using it. They want to keep it a secret

promodracer likes this.
  8. bigaldart

bigaldart New Member

Thanks Mike, yeah, I know the secret society. Anything that's good people like to hide away from the fact they are using it. It's actually a pretty good recommendation. Thanks again.