New funny car underbody coating

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by FMFC573, Oct 31, 2008.

1. FMFC573

FMFC573 Member

Hi has anyone found where to buy the new coating that is mandatory Jan.1 :)

2. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Wizard has it in stock.
    1-800-282-3442

3. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Perhaps I missed something...is there a new coating being mandated? Is the coating we've been using up till now no good anymore?? Please advise...?

4. TOL

TOL Active Member

Is the new coating a better fire retardant?.....

5. FMFC573

FMFC573 Member

Funny Car Underbody Coating

The new undercoating has a sfi spec of 54.1, fuuny cars will also have a place to hook a tow strap without lifting the body:)

6. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

latch

Body Rear-Release Mechanism: Must be the pin and cable type with capability to remove body without pulling pin. Release handle must be colored red and of a T-handle design with a minimum measurement of 3 inches in length.anyone got drawing of how to use pins and still get it off without pulling the pin

7. Slayer

Slayer Member

Does anybody know if the new undercoating and body release apply to nostalgia nitro F/C's too?

8. alkyholic

alkyholic Jr. Dragster

read on the classic funny car board that the stuff is $650 for 2 gallons :eek:
    from a company in ct called TPR2. i say again $650 :eek:

9. Al Reed

Al Reed Member

Undercoating

This is their website:
    http://www.tpr2.com/nhra.htm
    If you look up the SFI site, they are the only one's with SFI 54.1 cert.

10. clarky

clarky New Member

just watched the ESPN NHRA video link, amazing product, will be recommending it the owner of the funny car in our workshop in Australia

11. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

12. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

Has anybody here applied this stuff? Like all current funny cars mine has the required "Burnout' coating from Techline. And some oil here and there from various leaks and engine explosions. Do I need to scrape off the 'Burnout' before applying this stuff? Will it apply over areas that were sprayed with oil? I will certainly clean everything up as much as possible before applying the new stuff. I looked at the company's website- it says they are a build to order company. I believe that to mean "no stock on shelves till they make it after an order comes in"? Sounds like we (racers) could be waiting forever. Sorry to be so pessimistic but this stuff has been out for a long time, why did NHRA wait till November to say anything? Dave Germain

13. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Any new news on any other companies sending in their product for review to SFI? I thought someone had said something a while back about a company named No-Fire or something like that...?

14. Creech

Creech Member

$666 paint $666 foam seat $666 headrest $66 6 point belt $1998 helmet shroud 12 66 jets 6 @ #6 99% bv plug the main -666da 66% transmission & close the #66 .066 pump loop in high gear and toss the 1 2 & 3 intake push rods #99 boost @ 99.2 od in the lights.

15. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Yea but DAVE,....those days are over now,.. now that you have had that
    Bob Minor Racing Tractor running your life.

GET USE TO IT !!!!!:D

Does this new stuff,..is it toxic free ?????
    and also,..it is the only SFI fire paint available NOW...:mad:

Vic

16. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

I met with the NHRA tech guys at the PRI show. The body latch thing was explained to me. What they are referring to is being able to remove the body with having to go under it to pull the push pins out of the latch. My Kenny Moorer car had a pair of saddles with a strap over them that was secured with two push pins so that made sense to me. My current Uyehara car has a linkage type rear bodymount that is just like the front mounts. I was told this will be ok. Dave Germain

17. G. HOWLAND

G. HOWLAND Member

We are in the process of building a nostalgia f/c (alky) and the paint is not required that I know of. After adding how many $$$ I am getting into this project I want all the insurance possible from burning the thing to the ground. I called Techline and they are now out of the burnout business and all remaining stock sent to Wizard's. I decided to go with the new SFI spec called Temprotex thinking it's just a matter of time before the spec catches up to us plus after watching their demo it looks like quite an insurance policy. I called Wizard's yesterday and they just got a truckload in but have a waiting list so hurry and get on it. I was also told there is a $195.00 limited time mail in rebate so the choice was clear and I ordered mine. Now, I did ask about shipping in cold weather since it is water based product and they are going to check that out and get back to me.
    Greg

18. G. HOWLAND

G. HOWLAND Member

Update:
    The new product says right on the can do not freeze. Does anybody know if there is a shipping company that can accomplish this? Otherwise we have to wait for warmer weather.
    Greg

19. Soldierboy0098

Soldierboy0098 Active Member

This could be a good thing...

Hey maybe it's just from taking too many to the head but this could be a good thing. See I've always wanted to make a bad ass music video of the funny car going down the track with the flames blowing backward off of it and maybe if I use enough of this stuff......Brent's gonna kill me...lol O.K. realistically I'm poor so I'll buy the minimum and hope somebody catches it on camera the first time it lights up...then simply add music...ha ha! Will help me out here.

Trev

20. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

paint

Has anyone received the paint yet?