New D1 TAFC Team?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Pat McGill, Jan 26, 2004.

1. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Heard a NJ resident bought Tate Branch's old ride. The word on the street is that the driver can't get the car down the track in order to get his/her license. Any news on this?

2. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Yooo! Dude You got that all wrong....lets set the record straight. We purchased Tates car as a roller. Also got Walt Austins hemi( 5.67 ), hat to pan, and all the spare parts (pistons,blocks, cranks, rods, the works!)....
    The driver went to Frank Hawleys school in November 2003. Got his license. One of 3 signed by Frank that year. We have solid sponsorship including many big race names. Will assemble the car next month and hope to out this season. Don't expect to set the world on fire, but let me be clear......we don't have to prove nothing! You have to kick our ass or you will feel a little silly! The driver is 20 years old and I don't think he will be afraid of losing to anyone.Look out "Ace". ( just Kidding Frank !) Look forward to meeting everyone this season.....Brownman

3. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Good Luck with the deal.

Any help on the tuning side? Some good available tuners/trainers in NJ?

4. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

Pat, what street do you "play" on, to "HEAR" such authentic bull shit? Who the hell is your " re-LIE-able source? With such wrong BS about someone you don't even know a thing about. Perhaps, just because they couldn't do it the first time out, it justifies why someone like you, feels better about NEVER having the stuff to even try. I don't know you OR the new driver that you just help spread some crap about. But, I suggest that the next time you hear of some guy (with probably more "GONADS" than some of the people that post here, yet never drove or even attempted to drive anything quicker than their mom's ""turn-key Road and Track hiped up turbo 4 cyl grocery getter""),,, trying to earn their license with some or any difficulty,,,,,, then consider yourself lucky if you meet them in the restroom to take a wiz,,,,because you will always have a place to squat,,,,ALCOHOL DRIVERS STANDUP TO PISS,!!!
    Warren Dauzat: TAD TAFC

5. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

and NO I haven't been hitting the Hurricanes again, but I got sore spot for people who are quick to spread crap about anyone trying to rotate the Earth a little quicker than the top wind speed of a category 5, hurricane,,,,that's 200plus mph!!!
    warren dauzat...."now dats dat wit dat"
    and don't "forgetta bot it" :)

6. Cat1361

Cat1361 New Member

Can't say I've ever heard of Pat McGill, but he can sure stir the pot. Pat I hope you can shoe better then you think. I would love to see a match between these two, that is of course if Pat has, the car, the license and the balls.
    I know Frank Hawley and he is tough. If this kid went through Hawleys school and passed he's got what it takes. Sounds like an awesome set up with Tate's roller and a couple of Austin's bullets. All you need now is expierence. That will all come with time. Be patient. I don't think the Ace is quivering just yet, but I'd hate to be in McGills boots this summer. Best wishes Brownman and God Speed.

7. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

The word on the street is sometimes not entirely true (lol). Sorry about the confusion, Brownman.

8. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

What do you mean they couldn't do it the first time out? Spreading rumors, Warren? BTW, good luck in 2004! lol

9. Cruisin03

Cruisin03 New Member

FROM WHAT I HEAR ON THE STREET IS THAT BROWNMAN HAS GOT 2 OF THE BEST CLUTCH GUYS AROUND... GIVES YOU SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT PAT..FOR BROWNMAN BEING A ROOKIE, I REALLY THINK THEY JUST MIGHT TEAR IT UP THIS YEAR.. GOOD LUCK TO THE DRIVER I GIVE HIM PROPS FOR DOING WHAT HE DID.. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE THIS SEASON.

10. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

You and Cat1361? lol

11. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Heard Sheetz will return to TAFC this year with Cindrich and Gibson. Any news?

12. DaFly

DaFly New Member

hey everybody, this this brownman's shoe. i wasn't mad at the comments, just a little surprised that the "word on the street" was incorrect. i appreciate all the good comments, frank hawley is tough when it comes to a license, he doesnt let anything go. i excited to meet everyone this upcoming year. good luck to everyone. oh and as for my clutch guys, their good, at what im still trying to figure out! :D

13. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Pat Can't say that we know sheetz or for that fact, anybody in this sport! Have been wanting to participate at this level for several reasons. Love the competition and the group of people that we have met so far. Sure we want to win, but, we are here to race as a family. Our crew is all family, the shoe is my youngest son. It's all about family to us. Just about everyone has helped us in one way or another. Tate Branch and Walt Austin are prime examples. I've never met either one in person, but I will. WE have some great hardware and gotten help from some big names. ( Will spill the beans later) Right now I just want to calm down all the crap and get ready to race. Win,Lose or DNQ.....we intend to enjoy ourselves. To any Team we meet at the track, please stop over and say Hello! Just get ready to answer some question as being the FNG's is not easy. Hope to attend some D1 and D2 events. The heart is there........hope the parts are! Thanks alot Brownman :D

14. Harry Rydbom

Harry Rydbom Member

Tate Branch and Walt Austin are great people!!!!!Walt is allways their to help anybody.Don`t be afraid to ask.If their is anything I can help you with call. 330 673 8200 or email bbfc394@aol.com Good Luck

Harry :cool:

15. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Where is the new team out of? What town?

16. Cat1361

Cat1361 New Member

The team is out of Ivyland,Pa. , just north of Philadelphia. Basically, thats where you move to when you've endured all this city can throw at you. I still drawl a paycheck from the city so I'll be here for a while. Just a bunch of guys eager to learn, have fun and get home safe. We've been involved since the 70's. Started at the bottom of the Top Fuel dragster ranks when rear engines were new. Always been a dream to work on a flopper. I can safely say it's my last hoora, so I'd love to go out the right way, Straight down Broadway. Best wishes, looking forward to hitting the asphalt.

17. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

Just wounderind, Is your Mustang on Racejunk?
    Thanks
    Bob

18. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Sounds like 2 posts from 2 different people.

19. Brownman

Brownman New Member

Funnycarbob.......Yes, that was our Blown Alky Super Pro Mustang up for sale. We are rebuilding the engine and when it comes back,the car will go up for sale. That's what "Da Fly" learned to drive on. He said the flopper feels more comfortable and loves the feel of it.( got his license in Hawleys flopper) We have not yet assembled our ride. We are waiting to finish up our sponsorship deals. Drivetrain is ready to install. Hope to begin testing in April and make the D1 opener. It will take some time for him to get up to speed and we all have alot to learn. There are some great people out there that are working with us and it should be a great first season, nomatter what. It's all about the fun for us. After attending a few events in D1 and talking to a few teams, I felt like we were where we :D belong. There are some very nice people in our Division......once the lights go down they,of course, will try to bury us! We will thrive on that because we don't expect to be a factor this season. If you can't burn the FNG's.....you gonna feel BAD! See ya at the races Thanks again Brownman. ;)

20. Funnycarbob

Funnycarbob Top Dragster

I have also gone from a blowen door car (Old Wild Bunch)to a funnycar by way of a dragster and alterd, Good luck We will be doing mostly IHRA stuff this year and a few Div1 races. But it's heck when you got Manzo and we have a roots
    Thanks
    Bob

[ January 28, 2004, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Funnycarbob ]