Naves Induction into the East Coast Drag Racing Hall of Fame

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Jagger, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Jagger

Jagger Member

We are very proud and excited to announce that Bill Naves of Shooting Star Motorsports will be honored on October 18th as a 2014 Inductee to the East Coast Drag Racing Hall of Fame!

I got the call last week while Dad and Mom were in Massachusetts. Dad began his love for motorsports on the streets of Gloucester, Ma. He ran numerous bracket cars and Dragsters before turning his interests to Funny Cars in the early 80's. By 1987, Dad was behind the wheel of his first running Alcohol Funny Car, a Dodge Omni. While we havent won any world championships, or broken a world record, we have managed to run a Funny Car and compete EVERY YEAR since 1987.

Still today, Dad is qualifying at NHRA National Events and doing what he loves most, putting on a show at Exhibition and Match Races. It is not lost on us however, that without great friends and family, we never would have been able to keep living this dream.

I hope some of you will attend the HUGE car show and Hall of Fame Induction in October!

Jagger

http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s605/securityjagger99/halloffameannouncement1_zpsf3d0322c.jpg