Names

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Dave Germain, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

After reading some semi- anomynous clown's reply to Don Hudson's post about the fire suit dilemma I feel it is worth mentioning again- Will- please require users to post their names instead of goofy aliases that allow jerks to bad-mouth folks. Most of us try to be relatively mature on here and I am tired of reading crap posted by guys who don't have the testicular fortitude to use their own names. My feeling is that if you want to give somebody a load of crap then at least grow a pair and use your own name. Dave Germain

2. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

I have to agree with Dave, I use my first name, and last initial, but I wouldn't mind having to use my complete last name.
    Kenneth Skloss

3. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Woodchip=Al Smith

there's no way to change my user name. aside from deleting my account and starting over. And there's no signature allowed at my (free) account level. However. There has always been an email contact and link to my web site which easily identifies me. If he could I would gladly have Will change my user name. The condition being that it links to all my previous posting history so I can take responsibility for all my perceived "anon" posts.

ETA
    sorry, this is about a new firesuit thread, not the old one I posted in

http://www.insidetopalcohol.com/showthread.php?t=22813

carry on.:eek:

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  4. Kenneth S

Kenneth S Member

Or the persons full name could be on a permanent signature line below their posts (or below their screen name), thus allowing people to continue using their current screen name so you don't have to re register.

5. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Cant hide behind a screen

I have asked for this before, The young man that left the "cute" reply to the firesuit thread is guy that I know and have had this kind of Fun dialogue with in the past, As many of you on here have witnessed, I am always in for a some good spirited banter. The firesuit thread is a topic that I take very seriously, and I dont think this person realized this. I did not take any offense, since I consider the source.

Will, it is time to make names viewable on your site. it will keep a higher level of interest here.

6. PROCOMP1

PROCOMP1 New Member

Yeah... that program worked really well for nitromater.

They did that a few years ago and that message board has turned into the absolute WORSE thing for drag racing. Jump in here any time Mr. Goodwin. I bailed on the place (even asked them to cancel my membership) because of how crappy the site had become. Mod's who weild power to remove posts because of their personal feelings, keyboard crew chiefs who know abosolutely NOTHING about these cars and fan boys and girls who so up their favorite drivers A$$ they can't see daylight.

Just my .02 cents but, message boards have ALWAYS had this issue. There are always the "TROLLS" who will post stupid SH#T on a website, under these names.

My advise.... Don't feed the Trolls.... let them hang themselves. :cool:

7. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Ive always used my name as my user name and in my sig line always had my full name. I completely agree, folks that want to talk shit should sign there name to it. But then again like any public msg board you are gonna have folks who sign up anonymously and sling shit.

Whats funny is the fact that I do use my name but very few people actualy know me or could put a name to a face. Then agian im just a lowly Super Comp racer and occasionaly a clutch guy on a TAFC here and there. Who would want to know me :D

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2009
  8. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Racing, itz a bidnez

Tim

I thought they loved you over there? those that weren't strictly "business" anyway.

Ok how much is the signature option?
    Al Smith

9. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I'm not signing my name to anything.

Signed,

RG

10. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

What's up with JP? I talked to him at Vegas and he said business was slow. Haven't seen him since.

11. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

I was over at Kevins the other night and asked he and Steve what the scoop was. Business still slow for JP but they are planning on doing both Vegas races. They arent sure what racing they will do next year. JP always said the couple of years that I worked for him that if it got to the point were he had to run it on his own dime he'd park the car. He was true to his word. Business isnt making much money so racing doesnt happen.

12. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Don, I removed his post so you can relax. If it were up to me I'd give him a one year vacation, too.

13. Lorenzo

Lorenzo New Member

Dave, If you don't mind I have to use this one, that's friggin histerical :D.

14. Bill Sweeney

Bill Sweeney Jr. Dragster

Frankie,

Howz Kevin coming on mounting the "new" body?

Signed,

Buck Naked
    (I made up the Bill Sweeney name...sorry!)

15. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Wednesday was the first time I got to see the 'cuda in person. He's coming along pretty well on it. Had to make some mods but I think hes ready to start laying some 'glass were he made the mods. I asked him how long it was going to take to tree and tin it, he said "too long" lol.

16. Don Hudson

Don Hudson Supa fly

Thanks for keeping the place clean, I really would like to see "real" names on here. Its hard to know who has "a dog in the fight" if you cant see who they are.

17. mark6052

mark6052 Member

so how do we know its really you, dayviv jermane? :p

18. MoreiraMotorsports

My name

Well I will keep this short & sweet. My name is Matt Moreira,& I race an alcohol fc Out of idaho, & I enjoy listening, & learning a thing or two from everyone on here. Thank you for the site Will.:)

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  19. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

My name is Terry Jules Ennami, but I go by tjenna

20. nitrogal1

nitrogal1 Wrench Wench

I have never intended to "hide" who I am, but then again I make very few posts and am an admitted lurker on the forum. I enjoy everything everyone else has to say, but most of you dont know who I am so I dont say much in return. ;)

My name is KymBerly, I crew on an A/FD in Division 6 for a driver named Doug Hegge (#6715).