msi pressure sensors

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by poolman, Mar 1, 2008.

1. poolman

poolman Member

WTB msi pressure sensors for edelbrock quickdata, summit wants 229.00 each, but I think they are just an industrial sensor. Does anybody have any suggestions? Need sensors for oil, blower,fuel pressure . Is anyone running this unit on a blown akly combo. thanks....

2. Blown540

Blown540 Blown Alcohol Dragster

Pressure sensors

Try www.RaceTechnology.com
    They have the sensors you need for $110.00 each, I just ordered from them and they give great service!
    I have the Edelbrock QuikData Advanced Data Recorder that I am installing on a blown alcohol dragster now, Edelbrock has been great with their support! THANKS! Blown540

3. Blown540

www.RaceTechdirect.com

Sorry, the website is www.racetechdirect.com for the pressure sensors
    THANKS! Blown540

4. poolman

poolman Member

thanks for the info. I will give them a try.

5. poolman

poolman Member

One question for Blown 540 . Did your sensors come with the edelbrock plug terminals to connect to the quickdata harness? thanks again tony.

6. northern racer

northern racer New Member

kwikdata

yes they are an industrial part.sorry i don't have the supplier,these data recorder's don't work on blown alky combo that well,there are plenty of sportsman racers that will scoop it up...racepack work's

7. poolman

poolman Member

this will be in a door car, coil and mag are in front of motor and quickdata will be hehind drivers seat. Sensor block will be on firewall behind blower. This is a new unit that I can buy cheap, thats why.

8. B/AA813

B/AA813 New Member

Edelbrock MSI sensors

@ poolman,

you can buy these pressure sender at: de.digikey.com
    i have bought several sender for my edelbrock quickdata with a more
    suitable range (boost pressure for example) from them; they come lot less
    expensive ($ 75 plus shipping) and look exactly like the original edelbrock
    stuff - and at least they work.

BJ

9. ta455

ta455 Member

any part#'s B/AA813?

10. poolman

poolman Member

Thanks guys , I really appreciate all the help. B/AA813, can you post part #'s that you ordered for oil,blower, and fuel pressure, so I can get the right ones. Also are you using solid core plug wires on your car. thanks tony

11. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

The specified max pressures of the sensors that you buy have to match the pressure sensors that Edelbrock uses because there is a difference in the amplifier used for each specified sensor. In other words if you buy a sensor that goes up to 200 lbs and use it to replace a sensor that Edelbrock uses that only goes to 100 lbs then there will be a mismatch. The sensor will still work but will appear to have a different sensitivity to pressure changes. We build our own data loggers and have to match the amps to the sensor. Can you find a part number or anything on the Edelbrock sensor that you want to change? You also need to know if the sensor that you are replacing has a pressure snubber in it or not. If you look down inside the sensor can you see if there is a fine mesh type plug inside the sensor?

I will look up the sensors specifications that we use in our data logger and let you know what pressures they are.

Also, you should never use solid core wires on your car because it will cause interference in electronic devices such as data loggers or ignitions systems. If you are using an MSD system of any type they will tell you never to use solid core wires.

12. poolman

poolman Member

hey mike, I have the data logger and harness only, no sensors so I don't have a sensor that I can match up. Also I run a mallory super IV mag, and mallory recommends solid core wires.

13. Blown540

QuikData 4 pin sensor connectors

Tony, the pressure sensor side for the Edelbrock Connectors you need can be bought at www.mouser.com and the part number for the pressure sensor side to fit the Edelbrock wiring harness is Switchcraft Part #EN3L4F and the mouser part # is 502-EN3L4F. I hope this helps! Jim
    PS-Be sure and keep all of the wiring and box as far away from EMI as possible!

14. WJ Birmingham

WJ Birmingham New Member

That might be what they recommend, but it's not going to be what you'll use if you plan on having a data logger.

Get a good set of resistance core wires and be done.

OR... Buy the recommended solid core wires, have all sorts of RF noise issues, then go buy a set of resistance core wires. The choice is yours.

15. SoDak

SoDak Active Member

solid core vs resistence

My experience in my case I could not see a performance change when comparing the 2 different wires.
    We tuned on the dyno with resistence wires (so the Racepak would work!!) and then went back to solid core wires for the track. Comparing apples to apples as best as I could, their was no performance difference.
    I saw no spark plug heat change when the weather was the same.
    Cirello and others have really stressed the difference they see when comparing the wires and I believe him, but in my case I can't tell the difference. Evidently I have "enough spark to light the fire" and the reduction in "power" at the plug when using resistence wires doesn't change my tune up.
    Which raises the question, "If I run fine now will more amps make more HP?"

16. B/AA813

B/AA813 New Member

pressure sender

Tthe following are the digikey part #`s

100 psi 2000132
    250 psi 2000203
    500 psi 2000261
    1000 psi 2000047

i checked the pressure sender i have bought against a calibrated pressure
    gage moving up and down the range. (while running the data logger in
    real time mode).

Edelbrock does not recommend using solid core wires (MSD also) and all the
    fellow racers ever tried had big problems (sometimes no recording at all)

regards
    BJ

17. poolman

poolman Member

hey guy's , thanks for all your help. I will change the wires. To Will Hanna thanks for the great website!!!