MSD 44 kill switch

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by dunnandgone, Feb 11, 2005.

1. dunnandgone

dunnandgone Authorized Merchant

I have a single MSD 44 that we plan on running in our car this year. I have a Wizard kill switch (plunger type)now, will that switch work?

2. M Tigges

M Tigges TAFC

We use a SAE plunger type switch. just dont use it to fire the car all the time.

[ February 11, 2005, 07:30 PM: Message edited by: M Tigges ]

3. SNAPPY

SNAPPY TAFC

Have run a air plunger for a couple of years. Only use it for emergency kill if the fuel shutoff won't kill it. Check it with an ohm meter after each use!! If is is still grounded, disassemble and free the pins from the base. The 44 will spot weld then down and the car won't restart.

4. nitrohawk

nitrohawk New Member

MSD makes a solonid the is normaly closed grounding the mag. it can be activated with 12v and a single pole switch. I am using two of them on my car and they work great. The solonid has plenty of current carrying capability and the only time the solonid is energised is when the switch is turned on which removes the ground from the coil. Understand the tractor pullers use this.
    It only costs about 40 dollars.

5. Vitali Kazakevich

Vitali Kazakevich New Member

We ran the plunger type with Supermag-V and it worked great, but it killed the boxed when we tried it with the 44. We run the air switch that MSD makes for the 44. It is really expensive ($400), but so far it worked well.

6. dunnandgone

dunnandgone Authorized Merchant

I think the smartest people on the internet are here, thanks for the answers, we are going to make some changes based on the advise.