Morgan Lucas...

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Dan Lynch, Jul 17, 2006.

1. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Only talks about tom Conway coming in for these couple of races with no mention of Jim at all...

What gives??? Is Jim still the CC with Tom giving help, or is Tom taking over this car???

Mentions that Aaron may return to the seat??? That seems like a weird statement...

Anyone got the scoop on this???

2. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

No, but it all does sound bizarre. When I was talkng to those guys in Brainerd a month or so ago there was no mention of it. Mustve just come up.

Maybe Morgan figures if he cant win in Top Fuel this year he can go back to the AFD car and win another wally? ;) :p

3. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

Rizzoli out....

From what I hear Rizzoli was released and nothing is really in concrete regarding Olivarez.

I'm sure Olivarez wants to see some results and consistency out of the car. Tough break for Jim, but this team probably has the biggest per race budget in the class, so I'm guessing Aaron is going for results.

So I'm guessing AO is waiting to see how the car performs with Conway turning the screws....if AO doesn't return, it helps show the car can run for the next seat renter...

Seats are available out there....so I don't look for AO to stay on the sidelines long....

4. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

All of this has been brewing for sometime. Jim had been struggling with the tune up for the hot weather, then to add insult to injury Armored Coatings wanted to step back on their sponsorship...
    In Chicago we were told at the end of the event the car was to be taken to the Lucas Race shop near Indy, and be parked till the money situation was handled. Well it took nearly 3 weeks before Jim was told that he would not be returning to the team.
    If AO gets his new sponsor package handled you will probably see him back in the seat, that is unless someone else snatches him up! He was paying over $20,000 per race, im sure there is a lot of teams out there that could do wonders with that kind of money.

5. O.J.D.

O.J.D. New Member

I think Morgan just misses us...

6. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

Ouch! Not a good weekend for the Afuel car... Looks like there is still some gremlins! Looks like a new engine combo, and crew chief did'nt fix the woes of this car. But here's looking to Sonoma...

7. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

why would you waiste the money on an a/fuel car when your top fuel car can't get down the track. not trying to pick on him , just asking a sinceable question. i thought they would have gotten better results out of the top fuel car by now.

8. Matt Curry

What's Morgan doing in Brainerd???

I dunno what's going on with Morgan and the A/FD team and Aaron. But it's really killing some of us low budget, hometown teams trying to get into the Lucan Oil Nationals in Brainerd. Working on an TAD team out of Minnesota, we take a lot of pride and get very excited for our home town "big race" in Brainerd every year. But when a rich kid wants to step down and play with his toys again at mommy and daddy's race, it makes it very tough for us small teams to get into the show, let alone get onto the entry list. Thanks Morgan for taking away our spot in the show!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

9. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

There is a similar situation in Nascar. Many of the nextel cup guys drop down and run a Busch car periodically. Its called seat time. The guy with the most seat time frequently wins more often.

10. John Haley

John Haley Alcohol Dragster

You better get signed up NOW, THERE IS ONE SPOT OPEN. Some one must have dropped out

11. John Haley

someone else just signed up, so the field is full again.

12. Matt Curry

Thanks John for the heads up. But i was a little too late to contact Ziggy about the open spot. I sure hope that we can get it though. It's the biggest one of the year for us and we missed it last year. Keep us posted if you hear of any more oppenings. 320-291-4296 is my number. Thanks again John, your a true Div. 5 friend.

13. John Haley

Keep checking the list , I will too. Maybe call Steve Torence, see if he is going or not. Get him to withdraw his name if he's not going and sign up the minute he does.

14. Matt Curry

I might have to give old Steve a call then. Do you or anyone know how to get in contact with Steve Torence? Thanks again John.

15. John Haley

Well now 3 guys would have to drop out for you guys to get in. There is still one spot open for INDY.

16. Will Hanna

Staff Member

Brainerd

Callaway will be taking Steve Torrence's spot in Conway's car. Owner has the entry.

I believe Lucas is getting the same entry, Olivarez was more than likely entered, and will get entry based off of the Owner's entry (driver change)

Besides the fact it's a Lucas sponsored race, I don't think it's fair to bash Lucas for entering the race. I don't like the grade point entry date system any more than you, but don't knock Lucas because yall didn't get an entry. Kind of falls under the line, don't hate the player, hate the game...

Lucas has a significant amount of grade points as a car owner, not to mention a bronze card from last season.

Olivarez has two more nationals left to claim. It makes perfect sense to put another driver in the car until it gets lined out. With Olivarez's future with the team not 100% at the moment, it also makes sense to get the car back competitive for a future seat-renter.

17. John Haley

Yea if you don't have the grade points to sign up early you really need to watch and sign up the first day you are allowed too. Last year i missed Indy because not enough grade points and i should have signed up the day when i was able too, but wasn't wathcing close enough thinking I could get in no matter what since i won that race in 2002. I then found out that i had to be the previous years winner to get in no matter how full the field was. This year i am keeping a good eye on the Nats. I want to attend and signing up the first minute i'm allowed too.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2006
  18. Will Hanna

Staff Member

calendar

yes, i have a big calendar on the wall next to the desk with all the race entry dates written down.

we found out this year that since i didn't run 3 in division races, my points didn't count, and i didn't get a bronze card.

19. John Haley

Indy is full now too. Glad i made it this year. :D

20. Will Hanna

Staff Member

RE: Indy

I don't see how they didn't let you enter Indy last year....

Past Indy champs are guaranteed entry.....
    I think that may go for any race...if you won the event, you are guaranteed entry.
    Division Champs are guaranteed entry anywhere, even if it's at the gate.
    World Champs get guaranteed entry lifetime I believe.

That's bs if they changed that policy