"Mock" Regional Schedule

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Will Hanna, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

PLEASE REALIZE THIS IS JUST A 'MODEL'

This is not from any 'inside' info from anyone at NHRA. Just a 'guestimate' of what might be.

When you lay it out on paper, it gets a more definitive view.

Inevitably, some will lose more races closer to them than others. The final deal could look quite a bit different.

I've been told we're looking at as low as 26, as many as 30 events next year. This year we ran at 39, so we could lose as many as 13 events., maybe as little as 9.

Div 1 events:
    Reading
    Epping
    Atco
    Englishtown
    (Lose Lebanon Valley and Cecil County)

D2:
    Gainesville
    Reynolds
    (Lose Bradenton, Valdosta, Atlanta, ZMax)

D3:
    Indy
    Norwalk
    Joliet
    Bowling Green
    (Lose Columbus)

D4:
    Baytown
    Ennis
    Tulsa
    Noble
    (Lose 1 Baytown, Belle Rose)

D5:
    Denver
    Cordova
    Topeka
    Earlville
    (Lose Great Bend, Brainerd)

D6:
    Mission
    Seattle
    Woodburn
    Medford
    (Lose Spokane)

D7:
    Phoenix
    Las Vegas 1
    Bakersfield
    Las Vegas 2
    (Lose Fallon, Sonoma)

REGION 1 (East) 9 Events
    Reading
    Epping
    Atco
    Englishtown
    Gainesville
    Reynolds
    Indy
    Norwalk
    Bowling Green

REGION 2 (Central) 8 Events
    Joliet
    Baytown
    Ennis
    Tulsa
    Noble
    Cordova
    Topeka
    Earlville

REGION 3 (West) 9 Events
    Denver
    Mission
    Seattle
    Woodburn
    Medford
    Phoenix
    Las Vegas 1
    Bakersfield
    Las Vegas 2

I'm sure I got a few wrong. The final product may not be as evenly distributed. I think D2 will lose the bulk of their races. If they do, the rest don't lose as many. D4 may be another candidate to be on the low end of races, so another event somewhere else may be dropped.

If they still make it where you end up having to go to 7-8 races to chase the championship, it makes it a much tougher burden on the racer.

If you make it your first 5 with no drops, or at least best 5 of 6, it at least gives a little back to the racer.

Everyone will probably have to go to 1 or 2 races that was outside of their division. I don't think anyone will go to every race in their 'region'.

2. Chuck Anderika

Atco and Englishtown total divisional car count down at least 30%. no spectators in the stand. they probably lost money on having the event. given the choice they won't want us back. remember, by going to regionals you have made having alch optional. As most tracks lost money on alch they will tell the div director they are not intrested in alch but will have the divisional. the div director can no longer say take alch or you don't get a divisional. before you make a mock schedule you had better ask which track owners will want us.

3. JustinatAce

JustinatAce Member

Can we trade Cordova and have back Brainerd? :cool:

4. MaineAlkyFan

MaineAlkyFan Active Member

This Summer's inaugural Scortcher Divisional at Epping was very well attended at the front gate, even with 95+ temperatures and blistering sun. I will definitely be back for any divisionals held at my childhood (then AHRA) track at Epping.

(even if TS and TD are as boring as Super Comp to watch... ;>)

Chris Saulnier
    Gray, Maine

5. raceman526

raceman526 Member

Reginals

I truley believe an east and west reginal will kill alc. racing. Three reginals might work East, West, and Central. The way will has the divisionals laid out would be better. But i dont believe tulsa is an option as last that i have herd tulsa has been sold for a rock quarry and will no longer be a dragstrip. My family only got into alc. racing for one reason, to compete for a division 5 championship. If there is only two regions i can gaurentee you 30% of the racers i know will quit because the long and expensive travel. If everybody bands togather we can get what we want and still make it fair for all of the race tracks our opinion needs to be voiced to the NHRA, since we are members and we have a right to make desicions in our own organastion. I read a post earlier about someone wanting to do a poll to see what all the alc. racers wanted, it would be a good idea to do that poll and present it to the NHRA. If every one joined in on that poll the NHRA might listin, as i no confidence that they will make the right decision. Curtiss Chambless Chambless Family Racing TAD 55

6. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Definatly loose Medford to go to Spokane thats a no brainer. theres no dew at night and spokane is Concreate.

:cool:

7. The Zone

The Zone Member

Medford will definately be off the schedule

Dean

8. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

Division 6 doesn't change much. I agree that Medford likely won't have a divisional next year anyway.