Megan Meyer Announces 2016 NHRA TAD Schedule

Discussion in 'Alcohol Racing News' started by News Editor, Dec 4, 2015.

1. News Editor

News Editor Administrator

SPRING HILL, Kans. (Dec. 4, 2015) – Megan Meyer grew up watching her father, Randy, drive and tune some of the quickest and most successful A/Fuel dragsters in the NHRA's Top Alcohol Dragster class. Now, after two years of training and a promising regional event debut earlier this year, the NHRA Central Region Rookie of the Year nominee will join her father as a teammate and driver for a full national campaign in 2016.

Meyer, 22, drove to a final-round finish in her Top Alcohol Dragster debut at the St. Louis regional event in August. She's now planning a 18-race schedule for 2016, comprised of 10 NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series (LODRS) national events and eight LODRS regional races.

“Entering the Lucas Oil national points series is such a dream come true for me. I've been looking forward to this my entire life and now that it's almost here, it seems surreal. After watching my dad take home a national points championship back in 2003 with Alan Bradshaw driving, and getting a first-hand look at what it takes to become a national points leader, I have complete faith our team will be a front-runner in 2016. My dad has instilled the skills of dedication, determination, sacrifice, and hard work in my upbringing, and I believe having him as crew chief of our amazing crew, consisting of my mother and little sister, is going to be the best combination in 2016,” Meyer said assuredly.

Meyer, who will graduate from Kansas' Pittsburg State University this month, has a busy schedule planned for 2016. The Herbalife 24 team will compete at NHRA national events in Gainesville. Charlotte, Houston, Norwalk, Chicago, Brainerd, Indianapolis, Reading, and Dallas. Megan will run the full NHRA Central Region schedule, with races in Belle Rose, Tulsa, Topeka, Earlville, and Noble. Meyer will also run North Central Region events in Chicago, St. Louis and Bowling Green.

“I am determined to end up number one or two in the Central Region points series, and would like to win my very first NHRA national event. Also, I cannot wait for the chance to finally race my dad – hopefully in a final round! I still plan on bracket racing my Super Comp dragster next year at a few local E.T. Races with my sister to stay sharp between NHRA races. Finally, I will be launching my own freelance design business offering my services to other race teams,” added Meyer, a graphic design student.

Though Meyer and her father are still in the process of finalizing sponsorships for the 2016 season, Megan has already partnered up with Racers Evolved, a new apparel company that will focus on the needs of racers in all types of motorsports.

“I am excited to partner with Racers Evolved because it's created by racers, for racers. As a female racer, I think there is a big demand for certain ladies textiles that aren't available for drag racing, because it's a male dominant sport. With Racers Evolved, we will have all sorts of clothing options that are handpicked by me and available to anyone in 2016 to provide the female racers with proper form-fitted garments,” said Meyer.

“Racers Evolved is eager to have partnered with Megan Meyer for the 2016 season and her debut as a full-time A/Fuel dragster pilot. It is not often you get a first-year start-up company to partner with such potential with high hopes, dreams and determination. We are excited to bring our fellow racers apparel that appeals to their lifestyle and can't wait to see Megan sporting it in the winner's circle on her quest for a championship,” added Racers Evolved founder Shannon Nicoletti.

ABOUT MEGAN MEYER
    No stranger to a life in the fast lane, Megan Meyer grew up around the sport of drag racing. In 2004, at just 10 years of age, she was given the opportunity to get behind the wheel of a Junior Dragster, alongside her younger sister, and took over the driving duties with no hesitations. Megan stepped up to the Super Comp class in 2010 after a successful career in the Junior Drag Racing League, earning two track championships. She is now making the transition to Top Alcohol Dragster with her father and veteran driver Randy Meyer as her mentor and driving coach. Follow Megan on Facebook (www.facebook.com/meganmeyer.racing), Twitter (www.twitter.com/meyersisters), and Instagram (www.instagram.com/meganmeyer.racing).

ABOUT RANDY MEYER RACING
    A highly respected member of the NHRA Drag Racing family, Randy Meyer has had a successful career spanning over 35 years of drag racing as driver, team owner, and crew chief from AHRA Pro-Comp to IHRA Top Fuel and NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster. Focusing on the things that brought the team to existence has been the reason that Randy Meyer Racing has been so successful. In 2002 he handed the driving duties over to Gary Ormsby Jr. to become the first Top Alcohol Dragster to run in the teens with a solid 5.135 ET. The following year, Meyer tuned Alan Bradshaw to become the NHRA Top Alcohol Dragster World Champion. Randy has returned to the driver’s seat since then, and has earned multiple Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series Division 5 and Central Region points championships. For more information on Randy Meyer Racing, please visit www.RandyMeyerRacing.com and like RMR on Facebook (www.facebook.com/randymeyerracing).

Megan Meyer and the Randy Meyer Racing team receive support from the following companies: Meyer Truck Center, Lucas Oil, Smart Chicken, NGK Spark Plugs, GUNK, Herbalife Nutrition, Team Racepak, Racers Evolved, Copeland Fabrications, Aeromotive, Goodyear, ARP Bolts, MAHLE/Clevite, JEGS, and Aeroquip.