max static cr?- 20% nitro

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by rpmmachineco, May 5, 2023.

1. rpmmachineco

rpmmachineco New Member

New engine, we would like to try 10% maybe up to 20% for a couple more tenths. Basic blown alky 496, BBC 10.25 static comp, 112 LC camshaft, 6-71 with Bird, SQ-BV all nozzles in hat, 110 pump, flowed, MSD-10 ignition, This is a steel H-beam rod engine,, wanted to hear what the consensus on here says, so much great knowledge here! I'm I flirting with disaster, or can we do this without killing everything. Car is light if that matters, 1800-lbs race ready.

2. rpmmachineco

rpmmachineco New Member

I also have a std helix SSi-14-71 that we have run on straight methanol for improved performance, but I was thinking the smaller blower would be more forgiving with small % of nitro. or would I be better leaving the big blower on spinning it slower and bring in more air?

3. JGRacing

JGRacing Member

Spud miller is the man , he can help . It dont take much , I dyno my engine back in January on 5 % 162 Hp more . on my Blown BBC .

4. swsc4133

swsc4133 Member

Go read Spud Millers "Nitro Notes" on the FIE website. Good stuff.

5. WIDEOPEN231

WIDEOPEN231 Member

1. Not I have done thing. I would bet you could drop OD and run 25% or so and ease the od up to get what you need. Might find out that dropping od little with bigger load would give more power than just the higher od on alky. Two reason for thought. Nitro is badass for power. od adds drag and takes more hp. So more efficient and the nitro might be way to go.

6. WIDEOPEN231

WIDEOPEN231 Member

If me I would do as said above. Reduce od 6 to 9% if higher now.If running less than 30% od I would drop 6. Add the 20 to 25% load. Make a 330 shot. If know your car you can b y there what it would normally run. Then 660 and rad plugs and data logger if have. Safe approach IMO.

7. bigcat

bigcat new

Keep an eye on your bearings. Steel rods and nitro are not very friendly with each other.