Marty Thacker

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by GFRACING, Jul 16, 2007.

1. GFRACING

GFRACING New Member

Congadulations Marty and crew on your win at Gateway this weekend. Its good to see you in the winners circle again. good luck with the rest of the season.:D:D

2. tad2155

tad2155 Member

Marty

great job please call me 800-821-0144

G Kelly

3. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Reichert won, Thacker lost 2nd round to Condo.

4. 310TAD

310TAD Top Alcohol

Correction

As usual, Pat is correct.We had a brake caliper, rotor problem in the semi-finals, and that ended our racing for the weekend.
    Bill Reichert won.

But thanks for the good thoughts.

Marty

5. GFRACING

GFRACING New Member

Then what are we reading on the website???

6. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

It is a shame, because Reichert was beatable in the final. A decent light and a mid-50 would have given a BAD the win. Actually, Condo's 2nd round run would have won it.

Good luck wherever you head next. It would be nice to see you guys at Maple Grove alongside some of the other top BADs.

7. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

It looks like Dan Bennett (or someone else from DRC) dropped the ball, and no one else has decided to pick it up yet. Simple mistake that has snowballed into a large mistake.

8. GFRACING

GFRACING New Member

From the Div 3 Website:
    ST. LOUIS – Gateway Int'l Raceway's Rage at the River, a round of the NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series is complete. Marty Thacker wheeled his Top Alcohol Dragster to his second consecutive final-round appearance to earn the win while Marty Nothstein earned his second win of the year in Top Alcohol Funny Car.

Thacker, a former division champion from Robinson, Ill., qualified in the No. 2 spot this weekend and made his way to the final where he was slated to face off against Noah Condo, Monticello, Ind. Condo pulled to the line but was unable to fire his car. However, Thacker still made an impressive 5.443-second, 267.43 mph pass in the final. Thacker was runner-up at the division's last race, at Route 66 Raceway in Joliet, Ill.

:mad:

9. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Snowball effect.

Tough for 2 and 3 to meet in the final.

10. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Paid

I bet on Thacker and got paid?

Maybe it has to something with Vegas or the mob?

11. eli

eli Banned

If it dose , you will be paying that money back, with INTREST ;):eek::D

12. Dan Bennett

Dan Bennett New Member

Pat's exactly right and I'm here, hat in hand, to offer my apologies.
    I know that people depend on Drag Race Central for fast, accurate results and I am truly sorry that I let so many people down.
    Not offering an excuse, but here's what happened:
    From the minute I arrived at GIR I encountered numerous hardware and software problems getting the data feed and software working properly. I finally got everything going but found myself unable to send any reports. I had to return home after the last pair, configure my desktop with everything needed to report, and send the news from there. That's why the Friday reports were so god awful late.
    On Saturday I started all over with a different laptop and everything appeared to be working. However, it's now apparent that there still were gremlins lurking in my records since in at least two cases my software displayed incorrect pairs and times even though the Compulink system was sending the correct info.
    Again, that doesn't hold much water as far as I'm concerned. People expect the reports to be correct and they should have been. In the rush of getting the finals out and the rapid pace that was being run, I did not do the level of double checking that should have happened.
    I offer my sincere apologies to everyone. I have tested and retested and now I'm convinced we're ok with no weird data lurking around. I have also decided to add another level of checks that will prevent such huge mistakes in the future.
    You can't see it from where you are, but my face is redder than red.
    Sorry, everyone.

13. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Not that big of a deal, Dan. Most readers should have noticed something was wrong when the 267+ speed showed up for a BAD in the final. No BAD was going to run 267+ at Gateway in July, not even Marty Thacker.

Hopefully everything goes more smoothly for you next time out.