Mallory sprint-mag output?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by RUGSTER, Jun 11, 2009.

1. RUGSTER

RUGSTER New Member

Hey all!
    I have a "new" mallory sprintmag to suit a Ford Cleveland engine that i got for a song! My question is:what is the difference between this and a supermag?
    I know they were originally designed for Sprint cars but what is the major differences?
    Any ideas how much output can be had from them?or how much they have from new?:confused:
    The reason i ask is, a close friend is in the process of building a Top Bike(Aussie top fuel motorcycle!:eek:)that is based on a three cylinder hybrid engine and as we have the mag, we were considering converting it to a three lobe configuration and sending it back to mallory for "juicing it up" if it's going to be viable!
    Any thoughts would be great!!:cool:
    Thanks Jason.

2. blue boat

blue boat New Member

I had a sprint mag about 7 years ago & mallory went through it & its output was 1.95 amps.i think the super mags start at 3.0 amps & go from there. We used the sprint mag on a blown gas hemi that was 9.1-1 copm. With 17 pounds of boost.it worked ok but i thick the super would have been better. Hope this helps. Good luck.:)