Madison Payne Closes Season for the Muscle Milk Team at Home Track

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Rich Bailey, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Rich Bailey

Rich Bailey Member

Madison Payne closed out the 2021 NHRA drag racing season at her home track, Auto Club Raceway, in Pomona, CA. Madison who is from nearby Claremont, qualified well landing in the sixth position with a decent 5.23 at 278 MPH.

In round one, Madison took on Mitch Meyers. As the cars launched off the starting line, it was Meyers who was out first with a .087 reaction time to Madison's .105. Meyers was able to hold the lead and grab the finish line stripe with a 5.35 at 270 MPH to Madison's 5.34 at 273 MPH in a holeshot win. "I had my worst light of the weekend in round one and I had to pedal it. We lost by just .008 of a second. In Vegas last week it was the same thing but I had the better reaction time. We lost by just .009 and I had to pedal it there too" Madison explained. "Overall, I feel good about my driving and I'm more comfortable in the car but I wish we would have done better at our home track" she said.

For the 2022 season, Madison will be back with the Muscle Milk team and will drive at selected events sharing seat time with car owner and primary driver Duane Shields. Duane and Madison would like to thank their marketing partners for all of their valued support this season including Muscle Milk, BAE, Clean Boost, GRP Connecting Rods, and NGK Spark Plugs.