M/T Rear Slicks

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Nathan Sitko - 625 TAD/TAFC

Hey Everyone,

Just getting stuff together for our TAFC to begin our year (yes, we start really late up here in Canada) and I have a question about tires.

Last season we ran both M/T and Hoosier rear tires- M/T's on bead lock wheels, Hoosier's on tube & liner-type wheels, both worked awesome. For this season we were looking at running only M/T's and were wondering if anyone has tried running the M/T's on the tube & liner-type wheels, or if we should just sell those and buy another set of bead locks (the aim is to have 2 sets of tires mounted & ready to go).

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. T.Howell

T.Howell Member

Nathan, we ran M/Ts on tubes and liners at the Keystones last year. The car ran well all weekend (5.60s) however it looked to move around quite a bit very early in the run. After seeing film footage of the runs after the race it appeared to me that this tire squated a little deeper than the Hoosier and perhaps a wheelie bar adjustment might have helped. We aired them up the same as we did the Hoosiers.
    The track was very good.
    This was the only race we tried them like this.
    Tom

3. ttutubono

ttutubono Guest

Nathen, before you sell anything, try switching the rims around and see for your self what works for you,some times what works for one, don`t work for some one else, I myself like the liners, you can actuly make another gear if you use them the right way, by using different air pressur in the linner, and different with rims, you can make them grow at differant points on the track, it`s like haveing a 4 speed. Gene Terenzio Sr.