Lucas in TAD

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by CAlbertTAD149, Aug 30, 2006.

1. CAlbertTAD149

CAlbertTAD149 New Member

What are your opinions of Morgan Lucas running TAD at indy?

2. Bar's Leaks Clay

Bar's Leaks Clay Jr. Dragster

Lucas

I don't see anything wrong with it. I don't think you can really compare it to NASCAR with drivers running in both the Nextel Cup and the Busch class as some poeple have. On that type of racing I think there is more to the driver understanding the track and where it is fastest. If anything, it would be more of a distraction to run more then one class.

3. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Good luck to Morgan. Why shouldn't he be able to run?

4. Vic

Vic New Member

Agree as well, if the money is there and he wants to he can do it, Thats the beauty about living in AMERICA!

5. Jonathan Johnson

Jonathan Johnson New Member

I say good luckto Morgan. He has done everything he needed to to drive both cars, so good luck to him. He's a great individual that really loves to race. Good luck to everyone in Indy.

JJ

6. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

If you want to get technical, he doesnt have the needed grade points to run Indy. But its Morgan Lucas, who is going to argue with Forrest and Charlotte and their wallet.

7. Vic

Vic New Member

Didnt Will not want bashing on this site? Frankie please advise of how you attained this information? This Thread was going well until.........

8. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

I dont see it as I am bashing anybody. I would think Indy takes a grade level of higher than one ( the amount of LODRS races Morgan has attended this year ) to enter. And the comment about Forrest and Charlotte wasnt a bash either. NHRA isnt stupid, they arent going to tell Forrest and Charlotte ( being the sportsman series sponsor and great people that they are ) No Morgan cant race in TAD at Indy. I wasnt implying anything or bashing anybody. Maybe Im wrong on the grade level deal. Things have changed in the 2 years since I raced at a national event, maybe they have lowered the minimum. I cant find the grade level requirements at NHRA.com.

Will, if you feel my above post was a bash, I apologize. I dont like bashing nor do I get into on these boards.

9. eli

eli Banned

What are you the bash cop?? did Will put you incharge?? :rolleyes: Just because some one post something that YOU don`t like dosen`t make it bashing, now go home and get your shinebox!!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2006
  10. Vic

Vic New Member

agreed, NHRA will not tell no to Lucas camp, I was just curious on how the grade points info was attained. No bash on Frankie, just was curious on the grade level info.

11. Vic

Vic New Member

You want to see my badge? Will did not put me in charge, someone else did. And his name his...... I lost my shinebox Eli maybe you can let me borrow yours? :p

Eli you are considered my freind now, what kind of beer you want me to bring over?

12. eli

eli Banned

badges, shinebox`s, and beer, oh my, badges, shinebox`s, and beer, oh my, :eek: your shinebox is down the celar behind the ax. :D

13. LaDon

LaDon New Member

I think his grade points are used from the previous year not just this year. I may be wrong here but if they were only from this year then nobody could have run Pomona since there were no divisionals before then.

14. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

You are correct, but seeing as how he hasnt race a sportsman car in two years and has only ran once LODRS race, thats what I was getting out. Its all for naught anyways, hes racing this weekend and I hope he does well.

15. Vic

Vic New Member

ELI & Frankie, lets have a beer, world finals pomona. look for a fat hairy guy, with the cold beer& jeff gordon shirt on sitting in the stand #10. :cool:

enjoy life, drive fast and take chances. representing the east coast

16. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

If he was listed as the car owner for Aaron then he has the needed grade points...

17. Frankie

Frankie Jr. Dragster

Vic,

You come find me at Pomona, im the biggest, dirtiest guy in the Foolish Money TAFC pit area. Im not hard to miss and Ill be waiting for that cold beer.

18. eli

eli Banned

[
    Eli you are considered my freind now, what kind of beer you want me to bring over?[/QUOTE]

Vic, I don`t drink any more, so just give me 5 bucks and we`ll call it even.:p :D

19. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

Your answer is the correct one... Lucas's have always remained owners of the car so owner points go with the car...

20. O.J.D.

O.J.D. New Member

Moprgan is not registered to run in TAD for the Reading, PA race, just TF

so that should answer what his plans are...