looking for an opportunity

Discussion in 'Crewmembers Wanted or For Hire' started by outlawkid2313, May 30, 2010.

1. outlawkid2313

outlawkid2313 New Member

my name is greg denis. i am 19 years old and have 11 years of driving and crewing experience. i started driving my fathers blown injected fiat at 16 years of age. i currently drive our family's automatic pro mod and have been driving that for 2 years now. money is really tight and cant afford too much racing on my own. i am looking to help on another team as a crew man or back up driver. i have hutchens device, 20 layer suit and nitro helmet. if you are looking for help in division 1 or 2 please consider me. i plan on making dragracing my career and would be interested helping out with a promod, tafc, tad or fuel team. i am really good to get along with, i listen and i learn really quickly. i am also willing to relocate for the right opportunity. if interested, i can be reached at 941-815-5562. or by email outlaw2313@comcast.net thank you-greg

2. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

opportunity

Greg is a good asset to any team.He listens, asks intelligent questions and is willing to do whatever is needed..Greg, put together a resume and go to an NHRA national event on Thursday.Leave some with a few pro teams..Good Luck.. Bill Naves Shooting Star TAFC

3. outlawkid2313

outlawkid2313 New Member

thank you bill for your kind words. im workin on it as i type:D

4. JSracing

JSracing New Member

You might consider moving to Indy where 90% of the race teams are.

5. jerzfabguy

jerzfabguy New Member

yeah, but here in indy there are an awful lot of out of work GOOD crew guys already looking for jobs. the economy sucks a whole lot in indy in general so if you moved out here to work in racing and then fell on your face, you have the potential to be put in a bad spot. just my $.02...

6. T-Wrecks

T-Wrecks Member

Learning to write would go a long way to getting people to notice positive things instead of focusing on simple things like not capitalizing "I" or even something as simple as the first word in every sentence.

Judging by your age, you should be writing at a college level or close to it.
    The articulate do not use "cant" they spell the words they intend to use.

Understand Greg, I am not trashing you. I am trying to give you good solid advice to further your presentation. I have spent a good bit of my career in management and have seen many times that some people cannot spell the job they are applying for. Do you think I would consider them above somebody that has actually mastered our language? Do you think it would be fair to those that put forth an honest effort?

Write as if your life depended on it. In earning a living, it just might.

Again, good luck in your endeavors.
    Victor Valenson

7. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

Greg, the first fuel team I got a job with was when I was just standing watching and they could not get the blower starter to work after the gave up I ask "do you want me to fix it" and I did fix it and was put on..good luck to you and remember this is no suite and tie job.....;)Dave

8. jim phillips

jim phillips ta/fc

no shit who cares if you can write perfectly if you work hard to achieve something and you good at it you will get a shot some jobs just dont require you to write are spell perfect for every sentence im sure there is a lot of problems in batch of words but i can tune a car and i can drive any type of race car but my degree wasnt in language are spelling but i do see your point (lol)

9. Bob Alberty Jr.

From experiance:

Mail your resumee's out,
    I was told before I mailed mine out, that most things of that nature during race weekends end up in the trash, and after being there, I can verify it.

After mailing them, I waited and after a couple of weeks of nothing, the phone started ringing.

A CDL would also be a good investment prior too mailing, so that it can be included in your resumee'.

Good luck to you,

10. altered boy

altered boy Outlaw Altered

vic just curious what your age is?? i'm gonna guess older than either greg or myself. i only ask as you made a point regarding greg's age based on his grammar usage. i agree with your comment regarding proper english, grammar and punctuation when it applies to a letter, resume or article that will be published.... but i have to very much disagree with you in light of where we are currently posting. very plain, lax grammar and punctuation as well as common text/message board/forum abbreviations and slang are just a sign of the times and how the upcoming generations communicate. i believe it is all a matter of the environment you find yourself in and who/when you are trying to communicate.

kinda funny... my dad and several of his buddies have learned that if they want to keep up with myself and their kids they better learn to text and FB in order to stay in touch with what is going on in our lives.

just a sign of the times and technology

just my $0.02 on the matter... hope my spell check fixes all the major errors! lol (<-- that means 'laugh out loud') :D

11. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster