Liner or beadlock wheels ?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by smashm, Aug 19, 2012.

1. smashm

smashm Member

At the track yesterday.discussion came up which has less weight/rolling mass , liner wheel or a dbl beadlock wheel ? We currently have liners. Thanx in advance.

2. jody stroud

jody stroud ZOMBIE Top Dragster

Beadlock is a good bit lighter. Weld vs. Weld.

3. badbird

badbird New Member

iv heard and read this many times here and elsewhere,
    so you can imagin my surprise when i weighed my liner wheel (weld) complete with tire inner tire and tube and it weighed 75lbs so hoping for a decent weight loss i mounted a new tire on my beadlock (weld) and it weighed 72 lbs so a 6 lb weight saving between the two,
    iv read here of people quoting 30/40 lbs so i was realy dissapointed

4. jody stroud

weld beadlock with MT tire.....67.4lbs. weld liner wheel with inner liner and hoosier tire...75.4lbs. Both weighed on a really good set of postal cert. scales..back to back.

5. badbird

badbird New Member

did your weld beadlock have the fuel centres? ie 15.3 cert as are the liner wheels
    is a MT lighter than a hoosier??
    my scales are top rate too and as we both come up with the same weight for the liner wheel yu can bet my weight for the 15.3 beadlock and hoosier tier is correct too

6. jody stroud

beadlocks did not have a TF center..15.1 (I think)...the liner wheels are TAD spec.I guess 15.3 centers would weigh more.. but I don't know how much. still...a liner is a good bit heavier than a beadlock. The new weld beadlocks will be even lighter.

7. badbird

badbird New Member

well having them both here and weighed them both back to back a good bit equals 3 lbs
    im sure if you juggled tire /wheel combos you can reduce the weight and the new weld super light beadlocks will make a difference but for mere mortals same tire weld liner wheel 15.3 and weld beadlock 15.3 the difference is negligable