Lencodrive trans brake

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by KennyKeller, May 4, 2010.

1. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

I was just watching a video of my car staging and noticed when I went on the 2 step that the car rolled through the lights. Leaving at 2900rpm. Any thoughts? This trans has about 45 passes since new.

2. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

3. underby6

underby6 Active Member

That's just how they are, I've been using my footbrake w/ the Lencodrive for as long as I can remember. I know people have tried the line-loc and while I'm unsure of its' legality, I do know that it hasn't worked well for those who've tried it.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #35

4. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

Line lock

Brandon, what kind a problems can you have using a line lock with a lencodrive?
    Thanks again for the great info!!!!

Butch

5. ibaddlizzard@aol.com

we use a line lock on the rear wheels on our promod . we had a prob with the trans break not holding over 4500 and we installed the line lock all probs solved. when you stop the wheels fron creeping with the line lock it holds at 6000 if needed .............Doc

6. lowcountry71

lowcountry71 New Member

i have seen a line lock on a pro top outlaw car break the rotor - the lencodrive releases b4 the line lock and it then wrecks the brake rotor - unless you can figgure how to slow down the tranny brake or speed up the line lock you will have a serious problem. andy burnet

7. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

My damn post got hijacked............

8. ibaddlizzard@aol.com

we are trying to tell you you need to stop the rear tires from creeping and that will stop the rolling prob. ...IF the rear tires dont creep the trans brake will hold at 7000 if you want ....Doc:cool:P/S we have run the lencodrive for 5 years now have never had a prob with a rear line lock and the car runs in the low 4.0s

9. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

My car has never done this and if you watch the other passes on youtube you'll se that it only did it on that run. I may have been rushed and did not get on the brake pedal hard enough.
    Thanks

10. underby6

underby6 Active Member

The problem Andy explained is what I'm talking about. I'm not saying it will happen but it has happened.....good enough for me not to use it. I apply the brakes a bit as I do the burnout to warm up the rotors, then they're ready to hold the car in conjunction with the TB. Depending on how old the Lencodrive is or where/who you bought it from, there was a different amount of discs used in it to help this problem. When we have the idle up on the line for temp purposes I cannot hold the car with just the footbrake so it creeps (2000ish)....but once staged the footbrake and TB together solve the problem.

Brandon Booher
    NHRA TAD #35

11. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

transbrake

I would check your brake clutch pack and pump. Definitely looks like it drove through the brake rather than the traditional "lencodrive rock".

RE: Line lock. We used one on the FC on the front brakes and it worked great. The rock is caused from the sudden slack in the drive line from the wheel brakes being released and the car being held by the transbrake.

Now don't ask me why a glide doesn't do this....

12. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

Thanks guys. I'm going to try it again because the idle was higher than the previous passes.We were fighting an ignition problem and changed boxes for that pass and that caused the idle to go up. I'm assuming it was burning all the fuel . It was lazy the pass before but didn't shake the tires like it did on the last pass. Which put us out for the day due to broken floater and oil tank.

13. BUTCH

BUTCH Member

Trans brake

Has anyone seen this issue with a Bruno Drive? and if so, what is the fix? I am sorry for the hi jacking, I just went from a glide to a bruno/lenco 3 speed and want to make sure I do not have any issues at the track.

Thanks again,

14. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

The Bruno has an alr operated band that clamps around the drum. The band is ajustable and if you need to replace it, it uses a turbo 400 rear band.

15. wfh

wfh New Member

I have used my bruno for 4 years and have not had that problem yet. I know holding power of the air brake on the band is strong.

16. KennyKeller

KennyKeller New Member

I perfer the band over electric clutches.

17. hines

hines Member

bruno

Hi Butch: Had mine for 5 years now and no issues as long as you adjust the band after every race.

18. blown375

blown375 New Member

I agree with Will , I would check the transbrake clutches ;)

19. Lorenzo

Lorenzo New Member

Not only check your clutch pack thickness as Will stated, But I'd also pull the valve body apart and check if a little piece of debris got in their and it's hanging up the valves.
    Been there done that ;)

20. bruce mullins

bruce mullins Top Dragster

here's my opinion to fix it . . . . .PUT A CLUTCH IN IT!. . .:eek::D