Lenco or B&J

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by BlownFED, Nov 25, 2003.

1. BlownFED

BlownFED New Member

Getting a new tranny. Choice os a Lenco or B&J. Wanted to get opinions on which is better and why? Advantages/disadvantages.

2. maxkakl

maxkakl New Member

Lenco...much easier to service or change ratios quickly...Ive never broke anything in one other than replacing sprags....more likely to be able to borrow stuff if needed..Gary Sumek ( Lenco owner ) one of the best guys you could possibly ever deal with.

3. Aussie Alky

Aussie Alky New Member

Amen to that. Gary and his team are second to none, even 13,000 kilometres (@8100 miles) away on the other side of the pacific ocean.

4. jdgmntl1

jdgmntl1 New Member

HEY GUYS,
    We have been running lencos on our tafc for the past year, in the car we crewed on the year before that. The transmission worked great but we had the reverser cause us grief twice in two year both times it ended in a no run situation. I don't know if any one else has run into this problem. We have talked to the Coolidge team in div 6 they run the B&J and really like this trans for its duribility and the simplicity. In the end it's your call but as mentioned before it is alot easier to get parts and swap ratios because the lenco has been around for so long. How is that for fence sittin'fer ya. JDD

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Gary and Lenco are great. I even bought my rig from him.

Concerning which tranny is better, it's all in what you are used to. I can service and/or change ratios in a B&J in my sleep, but have never opened up a Lenco. I still have single sprag B&J stuff and have NEVER come close to any issues. Bucky runs a B&J, Pat ran a B&J, Chesterman runs B&J's and Tate Branch has B&J's.

Manzo has Lenco's, Gasparrelli, Payne, Woz and New'b run them, too. Take your pick.

I just met Michael Strasburg for the first time at Pomona, and I have the feeling he will move B&J to the next level. Great guy.

Anyone who puts down either brand does so out of ignorance of the product.

6. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

Very well said. I would say run whatever most guys in your area are running. Makes borrowing parts a lot easier.

7. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

no matter what brand you shouldn't go to the track w/o a few spare parts, especially spragues.