LB-20 VS F-11 Superman

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Mac, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Mac

Mac Member

I'm looking to upgrade my current Littlefield K-8 14-71 with a LB-20 or Fowler F-11
    The F-11 is $400 more but very comparable. I'm limited to 32% overdrive when I run top dragster but at other events I'm not limited on overdrive. What one is superior?

2. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

blower is big

the NEW fowler has 3 models available. from what I can tell, he took every mod that everybody else except kobelco was doing and made it a stock item on the blower. he really did some homework on this, that may make it unnecessary to send it anywhere for mods. (I might be wrong, but looking at the website, it sure looks like it). also, don't rule out the new ssi blower. very nice piece for a reasonable price. in a unlimited application, I believe its hard to beat the psi blower using a erd inlet kit. all expensive, but in a different area althogether of medium to high prices blowers. at this point a used m-5 would be great also, depends on the wallet thickness.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

You need to find out what the rotor RPM limitations on these blowers if you are going to run 32% OD and want to go higher and what you max engine rpm will be. I have seen some pretty drastic boost roll offs if the Superman type blower is taken above certain RPMs. The Superman type blowers are mostly used for low overdrive races and not for high overdrive. Just make sure the blower you are buying will do what you want

4. Mac

Mac Member

I was just thinking the standard F-11 high helix without the removable shoe. The Plus and Xtreme look very nice but they are not in the budget.

5. Mac

Mac Member

Good points Mike. I will call both companies and ask that question. Thank you

6. andy wilfong

andy wilfong Active Member

Just to let you know, littlefields is now called an LB-21,
    The new design is for strength and efficiency, it has a ramped opening in the top, front, and a deeper pocket on the bottom.

7. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

Andy what is the max recommended blower rpm for the LB-21?

8. andy wilfong

andy wilfong Active Member

I have seen them at 15,000 plus, and needed to be backed down because the boost was to high, since the inception of the LB models, we have seen positive results in the lower OD with STD rotors,and the high helix models at high overdrives, and high RPM's, with the lower overdrives benefitting in the power increase but not so much in boost, we are seeing power increases and boost rising as the OD is increased, with these blowers, I feel they are ready to bolt on without having to pay someone for more modifications, my thoughts are, if something works and can make the blower better, I am going to put it in production