jp-1 block??

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by cold85, May 11, 2007.

1. cold85

cold85 New Member

I do not know much about old hemi motors. I am wanting to build a blown hemi for a street car. I found a jp-1 block only windowed once and my engine guy said it looks good. I just want a super fast street car and this block has water ports. The guy wants 2500.00 with the caps? how hard will it be to find other parts. I am only wanting 900hp so good used parts will work

2. HEMIdude

HEMIdude New Member

Having been developped for and run in TF I'm surprised the JP1's had water jackets.

3. mark6052

mark6052 Member

jp-1 block

the JP-1 has been around a long time. You will not be able to use it on the street. anyway, 2500 is way out of line for that old a block. I know the guy who is making complete engine packages. water block, all aluminum,(heads&block). any size, HP, etc.

4. streethot

streethot New Member

a cast iron mopar block would work, right? 900 easy.....i have a 69 block and have 1000hp on street car....doesnt run much but its cool....

5. Great Googly Moogly

Great Googly Moogly Super Comp

I've got two of them. If it was brand new it might be worth 2K. repaired 1500.

6. 2intenseracing

2intenseracing New Member

JP1 Blocks

Hello,
    Do you stil have your Blocks? Do they have liners and have they been windowed and repaired and machined at all.
    I have 2ea complete JP1s. I like to talk to you about them if they are for sale.
    Please contact me @ 253-405-3058 8am-4pm PST or by email at
    2intenseracing@comcast.net
    Thanks

7. danny

danny compet elimin

jp1

Hi Mark
    What's the problem using this engine for street use?We are building an 495 ci engine like this for street / strip use with a 1471 blower and dual carbs.We are not going to drive it on the street that match but mostly on the strip.Grtz danny

8. fed-west

fed-west Member

Nothing wrong with JP1 blocks. They were built by the late Joe Pisano who ran them in his Fuel Funny Cars. They were stronger than a KB Stage III block. I know of a guy who ran one in a ski boat for many years with no problems. If the block is in good shape it should be no problem to run on the street. Good luck. :)