Jetsize Program?

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by AlcohaulicMouse, Feb 3, 2010.

1. AlcohaulicMouse

AlcohaulicMouse New Member

I have read the positive raves of many of you on this forum about the Davenport Jetsize Program, but can't find much of a description of the capabilities, inputs, etc. of this program.

Both Robbin @RBS and Sean@Acceleration Enterprises have quoted me a price of $585. Neither gave me a functional description of the program which I requested.

Before I spend this kind of cash, can anyone provide me with a description of this program, such as; functions, inputs, capabilities, etc.?

Blown Alcohol '32 Bantam Altered, 380 cuin SBC, Enderle Bird, Waterman Pump, Computech Data Acqusition with EGTs, fuel flow meter, fuel pressure at BV inlet, fuel pressure at port nozzle block and fuel pressure at Hi Speed outlet, Boost Pressure and Manifold Plenum Temperature.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can provide me with the info I'm looking for.

2. aj481x

aj481x Member

Buying this software is an act of faith. The documentation isn't too good, same for the support, but if you figure it out it works pretty good. It will act as a virtual flow bench and will also help you to duplicate what you have done before under different weather conditions. It's worth the hassle.

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

I totally agree. Buy it you will not be sorry. It works really well if you have a fuel flow sensor then you can calibrate Jetsize to the car and every run is a flow bench run. It does still work without the fuel flow sensor and it allows you to step by step adjust your tuneup until it is right and and allows you to compenstae for changes in the weather. It stops you from chasing your tail

4. nmro2114

nmro2114 Member

I use the computech and jet size program. Well worth the money. I would bet once you get the hang of it you will find little issues you never knew existed.What ever weather gathering instruments you end up using make sure you only using those every time due to variances from instrument readings.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  5. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

It is the best thing you can buy to help you run the car..and yes a few calls at the first of each race year to Mike C:D...sorry Mike i'am gettin old and forgetful:eek:Dave Lowe

6. alt 6153

alt 6153 Member

Jetsize works.

Jetsize program rules:) I have worked on 3 different cars that we had the program for. One thing that you need is the flow #'s off you pump. Having Sean and Les flow your whole system is the best. It will save you a ton of guessing and maybe a ton of parts:eek:, once you get it figured out. This is not a plug for them:cool:. I just know it works.

7. shawn davis

shawn davis Member

Yes it works great, had it and designed 3 fuel systems using the same pump.
    Makes it easy to configure and make system changes

8. blownapex

blownapex Member

davenport

i have the dos version
    is the windows version any better
    i would need both fuel and clutch
    what is everybody using dos or windows
    thanks
    duane

9. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

The DOS and Windows version give you the same answer just in a different format.

10. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

dos here..Dave

11. gregl

gregl Member

I think it takes the guess work out but, it's live and die by the computer once you get there and somtimes its hard to believe,but it works as good as the info you give it.

12. nmro2114

nmro2114 Member

I have the dos as well

13. aafa434

aafa434 Fuelish Habit

Davenport program

will it work for nitro?

14. Dave Germain

Dave Germain New Member

I have had the DOS version and bought the windows version a couple years ago. Like every other computer program these days the windows version is more user friendly. Here's the question of the day-how do you find a computer that runs DOS anymore? I bought a new computer so I got the new Windows based jetsize program. Dave Germain

15. Bob Kraemer

Bob Kraemer New Member

Dave,
    Buy a used laptop with a floppy, CD drive & XP loaded on it.

16. nmro2114

nmro2114 Member

I bought a usb to floppy unit at best buy for 50 bucks. My computer runs on windows xp . If you click the start menu and then click the run tab. In that box type CMD and then hit enter and that will put you in DOS

17. Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Member

Davenport Jetsize Windows Version

When we purchased this program in 2008 is stated on the CD it was compatible with Vista, however when we purchased our new computer thinking we would get one to run all Race Pack, Weather Station, Videos and Jetsize. However the new computer was Vista with 64 Bit OCS.

Had to end up loading the Jetsize on an old computer that is not 64 bit. Now this non 64 bit computer is dying and we need a new plan. Do not want to invest in a old computer that is non 64 bit but would like to have everything on one computer. Any solutitions from Computer guys ?

18. drn1013rd

drn1013rd Member

computer

not 100% sure but i think the windows 7 will do what vista wouldn't but before spend the money would make a test run on a demo at your local office depot or computer store
    don

19. Bob Kraemer

Bob Kraemer New Member

I'm no computer expert, But I am 99.9% sure that a 32 bit program will not work with a 64 bit OS

20. AnimalCrew

AnimalCrew New Member

Most 32 bit apps will run in the 64 bit OS's. They (XP64, Win7 etc) have 32 bit subsystems. There are a few that may give you problems. Don't know about Jetsize but since it doesn't need to talk to hardware devices like serial ports, it should be fine.

Troy.