Jet Program/Weather Station

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Jason, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Jason

Jason New Member

I'm planning on buying the Davenport program I hear everyone talk about, however I have a question. What kind of(if any)weather station is recommended to go with this deal? Also what is the most important aspect of weather the watch concerning a blown alcohol motor? Thanks

2. LOTSOHP

LOTSOHP Jr. Dragster

HI JASON.

I HAVE WORKED WITH A COUPLE CARS THAT WE USED THE DAVENPORT SYSTEM WITH AND ITS PRETTY GOOD FOR GETTING CLOSE. AS USUAL ONLY AS GOOD AS THE DATA YOU PUT IN IT. YOU NEED A COUPLE OTHER THINGS TO GO WITH IT WHICH YOU CAN BUY THROUGH THEM OR ELSWHERE. YOU NEED A SIMPLE WEATHER STATION WITH TEMP, BARO. HYGRO. ETC. SOME ELECTRONIC ONES ARE AVAILABLE AGAIN THROUGH DAVENPORT OR ALTALAB, JEGS, ETC. AND YOU SHOULD HAVE A GOOD ALTIMETER. CHECK OUT THE ALTIMETER STORE.COM, THEY HAVE EVERY KIND YOU CAN THINK OF. ONE OTHER THING YOU MAY WANT TO LOOK INTO BUT IS NOT REQUIRED FOR THE DAVENPORT SYSTEM IS A GUAGE THAT READS THE WATER IN THE AIR. ALTALAB AND PERFORMAIR HAS A COUPLE.
    THE DAVENPORT DEAL WILL HAVE ENTRIES FOR ALL THE NOZZLES AND BYPASSES ETC,ETC,ETC. IT WILL FIGURE OUT YOUR NOZZLE AREA AND REC MAIN JET BASED ON THE WEATHER FOR YOUR TUNING. IF YOU READ THE WATER IN THE AIR AND HAVE A COMPUTER ON THE CAR IN ADDITION TO THE DAVENPORT SYS, AND KEEP GOOD RUN DATA YOU CAN GET A LITTLE CLOSER TO KILL.
    GOOD LUCK AND KEEP THE BLOWER ON IT!

3. 518Crew

518Crew New Member

Jason,
    We run the Davenport program and use the RaceAir Pro™ weather station from Computech. They have multiple weather data recorders. You should check them out at WWW.COMPUTECHRACING.COM. Let me know if you see something you like and we can work out a great price.

4. Alkydrag

Alkydrag Sr. Dragster

I think you're refering to wet bulb temperature. If you are, how does this relate to what info you input to the Davenport program? By the way, I've used the Davenport program myself, it works great.