Jeff Wilson.... Blown and A-fuel???

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by ch3no2, Dec 13, 2003.

1. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

I've heard Jeff plans on having 2 cars next year. The Blown car and an A-fueler, and he would run whichever the weather conditions favored. Maybe someone can shed some light on this,(Marc).

[ December 17, 2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: ch3no2 ]

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

jeff will continue to campaign the blown car until the a/fueler is up to speed. then will compete either car based on conditions.

look for a major announcement next week.

3. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Ch3No2

Yes we are going to run both the a-fuel combination and a blown combination. Marc is going to be the crew chief on the blown car with his brother Tim. Al Meade is going to be the crew cheif on the A-fuel car. We intend in running the Blown car at Pomona with Al tuning it who tune for us most of last year. This is due to fact that Marc has a commitment to drive at Pomona. Due to the new rules which have put us behind in our motor combination we intend on having the a-fuel combination out at Alanta & Topeka then changing over to the Blown combination in which Marc will tune. We intend on running that combination up to Indy. Depending on the weather at Indy we will make the switch back to the A-fuel combination. Where and when we bring out the A-Fuel will depend on testing results and if we feel we can be competitive with that combination. Hope this answers your questions. Jeff

4. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to post and update everyone on this board. Best of luck to you in 2004. You had a potent car this year especially the latter half of the season. Hope you can continue running well next year.

5. David Smith

David Smith Member

Goodluck Jeff you got yourself some very talented tuners for both your cars. Wonder if this will be a new trend we see out of teams in the future. Seems like the most logical at this point providing one has the funds and has a talanted crew that can keep both combinations running competitively.

6. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Prediction: Jeff's blown car will be parked within a year. The a-fueler will prove to be the car of choice because of cost and performance.

7. Jeff Wilson

Jeff Wilson New Member

Do you think I should put Marc on waivers?? I think your a little optmistic. I have seen a lot of smart guys struggle with the a-fuel combinations.

8. alkyfc

alkyfc Comp Eliminator

Dang, I just got there and already im on the way out.
    Marc

9. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Jeff, the a-fuel combination is quite finicky but you can buy a tune-up these days that gets you in the ball park. It saves a lot of parts. Although, even the smart guys have been known to loose it. Just ask Kenny Hirata. He had one of the fastest cars for a while but where did it go? The window of performance in an a-fueler is very small. Don't venture too far from it. And remember, just when you think you have it figured out you realize you don't have any idea what the hell your doing. Frustration gets a whole new meaning, but be patient, just because it didn't work the last run doesn't mean it won't work the next. It's a crazy deal, you'll see!

10. Dan Lynch

Dan Lynch Member

But it is the best thing since sliced bread...
    NOT!!!

11. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

Dan, I haven't seen sliced bread run a 5.13!!!

12. ch3no2

ch3no2 New Member

I didn't know Guy ever ran anything but a blown car.

13. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

wilson wont be the only team switch hitting next year......

14. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson New Member

Spill the beans Will, who else is coming out of the closet?

15. NITROITCH

NITROITCH New Member

I learned of the following last week and was told it's no secret, but a certain 2002 Division 4 Champ (runner up 2003 by one point)driver will be competeing in A/FD at National events. Last year's car and DRIVER will compete in BAD at Division races.
    dare it iz i spilt da beens "whooz dat dauzat"