ITA Gold Club Memberships - Edit your own post & profile signatures

Discussion in 'Noonan Classifieds' started by Will Hanna, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

As some of you may have noticed, I recently removed the option for ITA members to edit their own posts. The reason being that there was a lot of people posting an ad in the classifieds, then rather than posting a new ad when they had something new for sale, they would just go in and edit the ad to post their new stuff.

I know a lot of you, and I'd like to think if you were in my trailer and there was a $5 bill laying on the bench, you wouldn't take it. I'll leave it at that.

Unfortunately there's a lot of people that did not take that $5 bill and were just changing ads to remove items that were sold or change prices.

So here's the deal moving forward. I will offer a "Gold Club" membership level that will allow you to edit/delete your own posts along with posting a profile signature. I will ask $20 a year for this. If this is not worth it to you, that's no problem, but you will have to reply to your ads to update prices or sold items.

Send me an email to will.hanna@insidetopalcohol.com and I will send you a paypal or Quickbooks invoice to get your membership upgraded.

Without completely changing the website to a classifieds based platform, this is the best compromise I can do. I don't have the time to go through and check each ad's edit log to see if the changes to ads were just changing prices or adding items.

This will not allow businesses or commercial users to post products and services for sale. They will need to become an Authorized Merchant.

If I find someone using the edit function to basically create a new ad, I will most likely ban the member from the site with no refund.

Example - You post a bunch of parts, then realize you left out a pulley or a gear set, I'm not worried about that. If you post an ad in March, then have 10 new things to add in May, that's when you need to buy a new ad, not edit your old one. Use your judgement. I trust most everyone on here.

Thanks again for everyone using the site. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Will