It CAN be done!! C. Force 5.35 @ Phoenix

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Jan 24, 2009.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

from dragracecentral:

Right Lane: Courtney Force Runs 5.351/263.00, Now #1; No Prior Run

12:00 p.m. Courtney is in the car today. Nice run, about three tenths quicker than yesterday's runs by Brittany. Courtney Force's incremental times: 60ft-0.923 sec., 330ft-2.403, 660ft-3.541/219.36 mph, 1,000ft-4.505.

2. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

of course it can

Wait till Gainesville when Gallant and Reichert show up, The last time the sky was falling one of them uncorked a career best there off the trailer.

3. Creech

Creech Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2009
  4. hemi altered 378

hemi altered 378 Blown Altered

i can't wait to see how everyone runs at Pomona, should be interesting.

5. $candal

$candal New Member

who knows what Jerry had in the tank?

6. Creech

Creech Member

Im bettin' 93.75%

7. Vernon Wilde

Vernon Wilde Member

when did the 34 happen, all i see is the 35 and then in session 5 slower incrementals, appears today that somethings different not near as consistent. But who knows what Jerry is trying.

8. Creech

Creech Member

I must have been confused by that session #5 thing Idonno? I swear I saw a .34 on there yesterday.

9. Izzy

Izzy New Member

I'm betting the 35 was on 96% to get a baseline.

10. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

bet

It's too bad there's no official way of knowing, but I'd take that bet. I doubt they would spend a day of testing 96% to get a baseline, I'm sure they have a few runs of data @96%.

I'm not saying this in a smart ass way because I don't tune an AFD, but I'm curious why Shields said they weren't chilling the fuel? Do they know something we don't? Is the chill-gate issue over?

11. Woodchip

Woodchip Top Alcohol Dragster

Why would your baseline run occur at the end of the day? And not the first pass to compare data and make adjustments?

12. Will Hanna

Staff Member

94%

Heard from a fairly reliable source the runs were at 94%.

13. Chsbldr

Chsbldr Member

My source confirms, they made all runs just under 94.. I was told that they were beating up the bearings at least 10 times what had been normal for the car.

14. duane shields

duane shields New Member

Will hanna speculation

Will, You need to stop over thinking, Your brain may wear out. I stated no chilling so I didn't get that as a follow up question to your readers.

And the reason we didn't chill the fuel is because when we ran in vegas in November, we didn't chill it. Trying to have the least amount of variables.

The problem with posting on here is that people who don't know facts make too many speculations of reality. Until you are trying to overcome the obstacles that are being thrown at us, you wont know what we are all doing to try and get back a little of what was taken.

Duane Shields

15. Vernon Wilde

Vernon Wilde Member

In Duane's post, he stated that they did not chill the fuel in his previous race, prior to the test two weeks ago, so probably they are trying to compare apples to apples with the only change being the 94%, I would bet. I'm sure that the powers-to-be are not going to be that cut and dried and let anyone know anything more about the chilling until you get to their ballfield, just my thought.

16. Vernon Wilde

Vernon Wilde Member

Thanks Duane, I figured as much, just a couple of minutes behind you. I know you and Dana are pulling your hair as we are too. Good luck next week.

17. Will Hanna

Staff Member

legitimate question

Duane,

All I asked was an honest question, wasn't trying to be a smartass or start speculation. I appreciate you take the time to come on here and state the facts you have gathered.

Believe it or not, I will push for things to be leveled out if it appears the blown cars develop a significant advantage. Unless it is grossly disproportionate by then, I'm probably holding off judgement until Houston.

18. elusiveiceman

elusiveiceman New Member

Wow big surprise. Were probably going to see alot of that in the near future....And I hate to pry into a bitter debate, but why did chilling fuel become such a huge issue all of a sudden? And furthermore, if I may be so bold as to say most of the comments i've seen on here about that subject are dead wrong and completely inaccurate. Plus I havent heard any of the A-fuel guys going into the alky pits and complaining about how you dominate us in the heat....but thats just my opinion.

19. Will Hanna

Staff Member

Do tell

elusiveserviceman...

if you're going to be so bold as to say most things on 'this' topic are dead wrong and completely inaccurate, please, the floor is yours, do tell us your facts and accurate information so we can promptly resolve this mess.

as far as blown domination goes there were cars from both combinations that ran very well in the heat. it's a dead horse anyway with the new rules.

like i said, i'm saving my judgement until we've seen all the hitters run on both sides.

20. elusiveiceman

elusiveiceman New Member

I dont think it should be "resolved" at all. Why is it so important that it be discussed in a forum with everyone? Up until this offseason nobody ever mentioned it, now all of a sudden its like its something that NEEDS to be addressed. I just feel its annoying, especially when everyone is making comments on it and not understang all the dynamics and variables that go into it. I just dont feel like we need to explain to everyone the why's or why not's of what we do. Thats not how the game works in my opinion.