Is it just me ???

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by jay70cuda, Mar 31, 2014.

1. jay70cuda

jay70cuda Well-Known Member

It seems to me like this site has now died. I used to check this site 10-15 times a day. But now I check it once a day. I know times have changed but I think you took one of the best website and brought it to a halt! It seems to me too often people mess with a good thing and ruin it. This site is starting to look like promodzone. Once where you heard the dirt first at is now the last to know , if at all. I'm extremely disappointed in where this is heading!! Just wondering if I'm the only one!!

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

traffic

The only thing that has fell off is the number of classifieds posts and I expected that. To be honest we didn't do a real good job on the rollout of that with the big typo making it look like it was just for advertisers only. It's done and I think we caught it in reasonable time to get people up to speed on what we are doing. I don't think one day of mis-information is going to sink the site. Since last week we have had a steady increase in the number of classifieds postings.

I'm just not real big on asking for a free handout contribution or even an honor payment like racing junk does. There has been a few people over the years send me a cut of what they have sold on here and I really appreciate it since I didn't ask or require it. I think it's just better to charge a flat fee for the classifieds. I understand some will be pissed off by it. I understand some will think it's not worth $5. With the value of many of the items that are bought and sold here, I think $5 is a very modest fee to ask.

I am aware that a lot of people enjoy reading and browsing classified ads, sort of like reading the paper in the morning. I feel confident the traffic will grow back to similar levels.

In all other forums besides the classifieds we have had the same amount of posts and threads as we did before we started charging for ads on the 25th.

Another reason for a drop off in traffic is we are continuing to fight the spam bots, and one of the patches we put in required everyone to log in again.

3. NITROBANDIT1

NITROBANDIT1 LOST IN SPACE

Site me now

Site me now

I think what a lot of people are missing is there are probably 50 more sites now for car related stuff, than was ever before. maybe a lot of those guys came to site even though it didn't necessarily have a similarity to their car they owned. now we have comp boards, pro mod boards, nitro-mater ( better known at rheel hater) , yellowbullet (curse as much as you want?), nostalgia boards, etc etc etc, . I believe that has thinned the herd a lot with traffic here. gladly, a lot of the top top alky guys still frequent this board, and are a great source of info for newbys like me and others. with that said, with the declining participation within the alky ranks, a lot of guys have packed it in, and really don't want anything to do with racing, or chatbords. that's too bad, because that's a lot of guys with great minds and ideas that pertain to this site. even though this was a free site for everybody, I understand the guys that paid for advertisement were kind of on the short side of the stick, when a lot of businesses weren't paying anything to sell. I would say that's a cost of doing business, sell at 5 dollars more. maybe its pass due for that. I have bought tons of stuff off this site, and find it a great source of info. sure, once in a while somebody has to give me a verbal abusing at my cost, but I try and pass any info onto guys that I had to dig hard for. anyway, the site is much appreciated by the majority of us, and I will never start a a/fuel vs blown fuel debate ever. I promise. dan call san diego

4. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Last time I got tech info from you I got a bill in the mail. Of course I paid via Western Union to some guy named Patel Saheid like you asked me to in the email you sent.

All kidding aside, Nitromater isn't what it used to be. It seems like it's the same 8-10 people who are posting each day where in the old days there were a lot of great discussions over there with a lot more people participating.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
  5. Dale H.

Dale H. Member

I think we need some good ole contraversy to pep this site up!(lol) so I'll start.

I think when a driver is interviewed on T.V. its disrespectful to the audience to be wearing sunglasses.

Dale

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

They should leave the thank you's to their web sites and press releases. Tell what happened on the run and how excited you were to get there instead. That's what I finally told Daniel to do in my car because in every interview he said "I gotta thank this guy, that guy, Big Mike, my dad, etc., etc., etc." until they finally cut him off.

I told him to say something like "That fricken tire shake about knocked me out..then the stupid chutes got wrapped around the rear axle and took out the brakes."

Now isn't that more interesting!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  7. hotrodharley

hotrodharley Member

Jay70cuda;;i've noticed same here..i've just about built my whole fuel altered off parts i've got of here..i even have ITA has my home page..but since the classifieds went to pay to list it has droped way off..before then it was getting new listing all day long..i'd check it as soon as i get out of bed and the ad on top would be on 2nd page by the afternoon of same day..there be that much stuff added dueing the course of the day..i noticed now the ads that was posted the day it change to pay is still within 5 or so ads down from top still after 3 days[?]from 1st day listed..not much new stuff at all all week i'm seeing same listings..i understand it cost Will money out of his pocket to provide us all a great site to go to but it sure has come to a stop as to new listing on classifieds;;myself;; i don't mind the honor system payment like RJ has;;i'm not saying $5.00 is to much to list a part..that's fine and understandably but in my case i'm more a buyer then a seller and before the change i found everything i needed to build my car from here..i never went anywhere else to look for what i needed..it always showed up..as a buyer point of view there just isn't much of anything being listed anymore..now a buyer has to look at other sites to find what he/she is hunting for because most has stop listing on here...not bitching just saying what i'm seeing going on after the change was made...this is still my soul site i go to just now got to seek out to other sites also to find parts i need or want because just not being listed on here anymore as was in past..HOPE IT GETS BACK TO THAT SOON

8. guswhite

guswhite Member

classifieds

I don't think its just you this site pretty much lost its spark overnight look down the classifieds what do you see almost all posts are from businesses very few individuals posting a part they had laying around they can play like everything is great but if you been a member of this site for a while its not hard to see just my opinion sorry to see it go.

9. KeithDyer

KeithDyer Member

What Gus said . . . .

I think Gus hit the nail on the head. Never against anyone making money and never understood how Will kept this thing going as a premier site on his (mostly) own nickel.

But at the same time, I look at enough of the sponsored sites and after a while, just not need look at them any more. Again, nothing against folks making a living, just tired of looking at them.

Not take me very long to get on and then off ITA these days . . . . , I miss the old girl!!!

Take care, K

10. jay70cuda

I think $5.00 per ad isn't bad but what about want ads! That's what made this site so awesome. Looking for .... Wtb.... That's what made this site run. Now $5.00 to look for odds and ends of what you need ? That where the line is crossed I believe. That should be free to look for items. Yes I might get abused but it will keep people coming back. You know how many ads were posted over the weekend ??? 2 !! This site used to see at minium 50 a weekend! Truely disappointed in where this is heading.

11. Blown5402

Blown5402 Member

Want ad Charges

I agree that $5.00 should not keep anyone from selling parts. But, having to pay to look for parts does seem to hurt. I have built nearly all of my motors and cars from ITA and one other site, but traffic has really fallen off here and it does not take me but about a minute a day now to look. I used to spend 30 minutes every night. Maybe a way can be figured out to help individuals looking for used parts. If this does not happen, the businesses and retailers will loose a large volume of business too. I hope something gets worked out, as for the businesses, nothing has changed for them, except less traffic now. Thanks! Jim

12. Blown5402

Blown5402 Member

I run my own business and have for over 50 years!

I run 5 businesses now and have for over 50 years and the people here are not complaining as much as just wanting to see the site live and do good! I know I look every day and try to find items I can use. I have voiced my opinions and asked the owner of the site several questions and gotten very nice replies too! I hope the businesses just understand that we are wanting the site to do good and then you will have more sales too! Thanks, Jim In TN

13. Will Hanna

Staff Member

wanted ads

I have sent my programmer an email this morning. I will try to make the wanted ads for free.

Does that seem like a fair compromise?

14. fcsteve69

fcsteve69 Nostalgia FC

Yes, very fair. Thanks Will!

15. jay70cuda

Yes that's what i think a lot of us were looking for. If you can't ask what your looking for then How would we know someone had it forsale without a $5.00 question. Thanks will. Hopefully traffic picks back up again for all of us.

16. Blown5402

Blown5402 Member

Thank You and this will really help!

Thank You Will and this should really help the racers and the businesses too! Jim Kyle from TN
    Southern Outlaw ProMod Racing

17. Will Hanna

Staff Member

temporary 'fix' for wanted ads

Ok, if you want to post a wanted ad, here's what we are going to have to do:

Until my programmer comes out with the 'custom' fix, just post your wanted ad as usual (no pictures obviously), then you will go to the payment screen. Just don't pay, leave the page.

Myself and the site moderators will be able to see the 'moderated' post, and we can approve it even though you haven't paid. It won't be an instant fix, but we can help racers post wanted ads until the custom fix comes out.

18. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Three words....

Racing Junk . Com

Why even go to that,..Pay to play here now..??? RJ gives you two free ads per year anyhow..lol

I thought this place was/ still is a great place to sell your racing parts, it has moved in volumes, and world wide.

Some times change is not good.

Vic

19. TADHemiracer

TADHemiracer Member

RC Junk As Compared to ITA??

I am not sure quite how to read that post about Racing Junk and the free ads. Sure, there are sites that provide free ads for whatever a poster might have for sale (ebay for one) but does that site also have the free answers from more experienced racers to the many questions that the ITA members have posed as to tuning an engine or suspension or ignition issues or gear ratios or anything else a member might have an question about or just plain asking for other opinions? Oh no, those free sites, other than allowing someone to sell a part with no mandatory commission, have very little to offer an ITA member.
    Maybe it is just me, but if I have a part that I want off of my shelf that is worth $50 or a part that is worth $5,000, it is worth $5 to me to sell it on a quality site such at ITA. I could list that $50 part on ebay but I still have to pay a listing fee whether it sells or not and if and when it sells then I have to pay a 10% selling commision fee to ebay. Lets see, a $50 part sells and a 10% commision is $5.00. A $5,000 part is $500 commission to ebay. Ummm, I think ITA is a far better deal at a flat $5 listing fee.
    Maybe it is just me but I'll stick with ITA's policy on a $5 flat rate. Worth every penny.

20. Will Hanna

Staff Member

Racing Junk? really?

Vic,

You really think Racing Junk is the place to go since I charge a fee now? Good luck selling anything with a free ad on RJ. By the time you buy all their ad ons you will spend much more than my $5 fee plus a few pics. Not to mention you will be listing your parts in the same section that might have custom billet wing nuts for your air cleaner.