InsideTopAlcohol.com Free Classifieds Posting Policy! READ OR RISK BEING SUSPENDED!

Discussion in 'Old NRE X-1 Heads Free Classifieds' started by Will Hanna, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

The free classifieds is reserved for the use of racers to buy and sell used parts. The advertising of new parts or services of any kind is reserved to InsideTopAlcohol.com's advertising partners.

Violation of this policy will result in first a warning, then a lifetime ban from the site for a second violation. This policy has been enforced on repeat offenders. Following being banned, if posting persists, legal activity may be pursued.

I hate to have to be this way, but it is only fair to those companies that support this site.

To find out how to advertise on InsideTopAlcohol.com, email will.hanna@insidetopalcohol.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Due to the high volume of ads on our classifieds, we are going to have to restrict "Bumps" to classified ads to one per week. This will keep the same items from repeatedly staying at the top. This also applies to repeatedly posting the same item in multiple ads.

Violators will have their posting privledges suspended for two weeks for the first violation and one year for second.

Nobody is in trouble. We just need to set a guideline. Post away!

We here at InsideTopAlcohol.com welcome everyone to use our classifieds absolutey free of charge/commission.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

All transactions are AT YOUR OWN RISK. ITA assumes no liability for any transactions that may come from our site.

On the same note, the site will not be used as a medium to discuss percieved unfair/bad transactions.

That being said, CYA in all transactions.

I apologize if the site has caused anyone grief. With the volume of parts that comes through the site daily, it's inevitable.

We are currently looking for a way to rank sellers.

Thanks for the understanding.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm posting this as a public service announcement:

Please don't email someone your credit card number!! This is a very unsafe practice, and I've had a few people do this with me in hose transactions over the past few months, so I just want to make people aware of how dangerous this is. ID theft is very, very real.

Basically, an email is a very unsecure form of communication. An email doesn't go straight from your computer to the end destination. It bounces through many servers on it's way to you. There are servers out there that "fish" for 12 digit credit card numbers and related info. This could leave you prone for someone to go on a shopping spree with your card number.

Just FYI.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    In an attempt to bring some clarity to sellers on this classifieds, effective immediately (1-23-09), all classified ads must post phone number contact.

We realize this won't fix every problem seller, but will shed some light on shady deals.

Please limit your ads to three per week. Individual posts for seperate items aren't necessary. List as much as you can in your title instead.

Platinum Members are allowed 6 ads per week.

This does not apply to site advertisers.

First infraction will result in the deletion of your ads. Second infraction will result in a 2 week suspension. Third infraction will result in a year suspension or indefinite suspension.

2. B.DOUCET

B.DOUCET New Member

Bump

Why not one per add unless they are dropping the price? If it don't sell in a week, they are asking too much!!!

3. ITS IN MY BLOOD

In response to todays recent activities that I have been emailed, I
    would like to try and clarify to the (what is fair) 7 day bump terms, that are not directly discribed in the rules....call it guidelines.

I am mearly a moderator and when I recieve an email to moderate
    I look into it,..and make my dicisions with out predujice(sp) or taking sides.
    My actions are based on what I see,..not what I hear....

If you have a add, and it goes seven days without response,..bump it.
    If you have a add,. that peeps are replying to you with,..reply to it.
    OR,...use the Private messenging, unless it is a direct question to the part
    in question, that would also allow others to better understand the discription,
    or price,...Long story short..PUT ALL INFO INTO YOUR ADDS.
    If you have a add,. that has been responded to, and (you)the seller
    have nothing to add as a response,..let it go.. the seven days from the day it was last responded too, and was on the front page at the top,...

EXAMPLE,...
    add for parts being sold, a part gets sold, buyer responds to add, thus putting the add back on the front page and at the top,..thank you`s are great and (publicly) viewed.
    but then 2, 3 , 4, days later, your add is now 2 to 4 pages back,
    you should wait the
    7 days from the time of the last post was made to your add, regaurdless.
    To make this more clear,....Do not use your adds as a chat room to keep your adds at the front page,...
    7 days is seven days from the last time your add was responded to and put at the top,..unless it is a direct question regaurding your parts in the add.....

To give everyone a fair ROTATING shot at the front page,..limit your indirect questions and answers threw the Private messenging,...
    Indirect and early bumping can be interpreted(sp) as a FOUL.

I TAKE NO ONES SIDE ON THIS BOARD,...
    If you would like for me not be amoderator on this board,..
    please dont threaten me,..I have been fair and just,.and do not make up rules,..
    Nor do I make the rules,...but obvious is obvious and get delt with as they arrise.

ITS IN MY BLOOD
    Vic Miller

4. ITS IN MY BLOOD

ALSO,.....
    I think its also fair to say that if you are changing your
    price of your item(s) use the edit box provided to edit your add.

DO NOT MAKE A NEW POST JUST TO EDIT YOUR PRICES OR ADD.

I am not the only moderator in here
    Thank you
    and sorry for the incovienance
    VIC

5. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Hi Will,....We/I (Moderators)...Need a list of who can bump every 4 days,

and a ruling on Multiple adds being bumped at one time by one person/ persons,...????? how many adds can one person post at one time per week or 4th day..????

The only people who can bump every 4 days are Platnum Members,..correct ??

Thanks
    Vic

6. rattler

rattler AA/Fuel Altered

memberships

How do I purchase a membership ?
    Thank you
    Ricky

7. mvmracing

mvmracing Banned

disappearing ad

Hey Will,
    I tried to post an ad yesterday (7-9-10) and it has completely vanished. Did I do something wrong ?? mvmracing

8. ITS IN MY BLOOD

New peeps plz read the rules

Just a bump for the Classified section Rules and Policies. If you are new I hope you are reading this and will read the rest of the thread posted above in regaurds to ITA`s bump policy and rules.....If you are an existing longterm member well you should no better.

Thank You !!!!!!!!

9. alky1969

alky1969 New Member

learning my way around

Hi to everyone just got going in here so im learning my way around,after reading all the rules of course

10. GumBGone

GumBGone Member

Phone #'s in add

I was wondering what happened to the rule that Phone #'s had to be in the add. Many of the for sale and wanted adds have omitted the phone #

Scott

11. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Welcome to Inside Top Alcohol....

Please take the time to read all the rules. We strive to give all sellers and buyers equal fairness at posting your adds.

There is a 7 DAY BUMP RULE seven days means 7 days, not five, not six, this includes from the day you made the post to the last
    time your post was responded to. If you post your add on day 1 and 4 days later someone replies to it that is considered a bump and a new 7 day bump
    begins again.

Also,.. the required Phone number rule has kind of slipped away, but should be STILL ENFORCED,..!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You for your continued support,

Just a ITA Moderator