Injected nitro and a 2 step

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Bill Masiello, Jan 17, 2019.

1. Bill Masiello

Bill Masiello New Member

I run an injected small block in my FED and I have been trying small amounts of nitro about 20 percent ! I also have been using a 2 step on the starting line for launch RPM ! My question is this a bad thing to do with Nitro ?I did lift a ring land on 1 piston and really saw no signs of detonation on the plugs ! The motor had pretty high compression at 13 to 1 and I am lowering it to 11.9 ! I was also using a gapless top ring and not sure if that caused the problem ! Thanks Bill

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I ducked just reading this.

I think nitro and a two step are a bad idea because if it loaded a cylinder up it could be quite a spectacular explosion.

3. pentastarrail

pentastarrail Top Dragster

Bill,
    I don't know if you have a Starting Line enhancer or not BUT if you do you can use that to limit your stage/starting line RPM with no banging.
    I did it for years with NO 2 Step. The rpm's may move around a bit BUT no mixing cylinders.

4. SuperComp517

SuperComp517 New Member

I would think that your throttle response would be instant. Why not just up your idle RMP and mat the throttle? But then again, maybe you are wanting a new block :D

5. Bill Masiello

Bill Masiello New Member

Thank's for the reply's ! Frank I like your idea to use a throttle controller and I think I will put one on it ! The last thing I want to do is have it go boom !

Attached Files:

6. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Keep the compression in it unless your going to go to a much higher nitro percentage,..other wise just put a pedal clutch in it.