Indy: Record TAFC field & notes

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by wolfgang, Aug 31, 2003.

1. wolfgang

wolfgang New Member

Was the 5.86 bump spot at Indy a new NHRA record? If so, I was happy to witness it.

personal note 1- for all the bashing NHRA gets, I applaud them for making the right decision and giving the alcohol cars 2 qualifying runs on Saturday instead of the usual one. It made for a day of non-stop action.

personal note 2- Great run Marty Thacker!! That pass during the 2nd session was incredible. I can imagine you were doing a bit of puckering when the wheels came that far off the ground, lol!!
    One of these days I am going to come to your pits when you're not in the middle of working on the car.

Personal note 3- surprisingly, the final order shows 10 blown cars and 6 nitro cars qualifying; not surprisingly, the nitro cars were at the top of the ladder

2. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Wolf, the TAFC record bump is a 5.85 from Dallas around 98-99? Still, that was a stout field of cars, I'm still Bummed I can't go back!

3. TJTurner

TJTurner New Member

So the alky cars don't get any more qualifying shots next weekend? I assumed they would get a least one on Friday.

4. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

tj,

they will get one time trial on friday. the field is already set. the field was set before the event was rained out. we were waiting to run round one on sunday when the downpours came. when i left monday morning, it was still pouring, and the bottom storage boxes on addleman's toterhome were under water. he was the only rig left in the 'lake'

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

King:

The race you're thinking about was in 1996. I ran a 5.89 at 243 in Ennis, Texas. Lou Gasparrelli ran a 5.89 at 244. He was number 18 and I was number 19 qualifier. Ouch.

Randy