indy max iron block hemi

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by mark davison, Jan 8, 2007.

1. mark davison

mark davison New Member

based in australia ..where do i purchase such an item in the usa..

2. DQUES

DQUES Member

Try Indy Cylinder Heads , phone # 317-862-3724 . I think they make the block you are looking for . www.indyheads.com

Last edited: Jan 9, 2007
  3. T.A.D. 776

T.A.D. 776 New Member

Iron block =
    Very heavy and very expensive to ship.
    Extremely difficult to repair if at all.
    Hurt one cylinder you have to bore it that means tear it compleatly down and send it to a machine shop for rebore. Plus all new pistons and rings.
    Bore just keeps getting bigger.
    Prone to cracking. Not as strong as aluminum blocks.

Aluminum block =
    Light weight and costs less to ship. One person can lift it and carry it around.
    Easy to weld on for repairs.
    Hurt one cylinder just change the sleeve with the crank in and do it yourself with NO trip to the machine shop. One piston and rings.
    Change sleeves to go up or down in bore size.
    You can order the block the size you want.
    Stronger than cast iron.

Don't waste your money on cast iron stuff. Wet or dry go aluminum.
    Buy an aluminum Keith Black block from Full Race Supply and save money and go faster.
    Full Race Supply ships world wide.

4. bottomdollar

bottomdollar New Member

DO THAY HAVE A WEB PAGE??????

5. T.A.D. 776

T.A.D. 776 New Member

Full Race Supply tried a web site for awhile but it just generated a lot of calls for free information and tied up the sales personel. 1-800-313-7223

All blocks are fully machined with removable sleeves to YOUR finished bore size, main caps, installed cam bearings, special KB head studs and main studs with twelve-point nuts, and all necessary hardware. As all blocks are built to order with and to YOUR specifications it takes 4 to 6 weeks and must be paid in advance.

New Keith Black Stage 8 raised cam block
    With Head studs, Front cover studs, Bellhousing dowles, Cam plug, Oil galley plugs, Cam bearings installed and sleeves installed any bore 4.187 - 4.375 standard deck height is 10.725 (available up to 11.225)

is $5190.00

New Keith Black Stage 10 raised cam wet block
    With Head studs, Front cover studs, Bellhousing dowles, Cam plug, Oil galley plugs, Cam bearings installed and sleeves installed any bore 4.187 - 4.500
    is $5400.00

New Keith Black Stage 10 raised cam solid block
    With Head studs, Front cover studs, Bellhousing dowles, Cam plug, Oil galley plugs, Cam bearings installed and sleeves installed any bore 4.187 - 4.500
    standard deck height is 10.725 (available up to 10.825)
    is $5600.00

New Keith Black Stage 15 raised cam block
    With Head studs, Front cover studs, Bellhousing dowles, Cam plug, Oil galley plugs, Cam bearings installed and sleeves installed any bore 4.187 - 4.375 standard deck height is 10.725 (available up to 10.825)

is $6395.00

New Keith Black Billitt raised cam block
    With Head studs, Front cover studs, Bellhousing dowles, Cam plug, Oil galley plugs, Cam bearings installed and sleeves installed any bore 4.187 - 4.375
    is $8000.00

New Keith Black Billitt .500 tall raised cam block
    With Head studs, Front cover studs, Bellhousing dowles, Cam plug, Oil galley plugs, Cam bearings installed and sleeves installed any bore 4.187 - 4.375
    is $8200.00

New Keith Black Street Hemi full cooling system block good up to 2500hp
    is $5195.00 also available for hyd lifters

Crating and Shipping to Oklahoma is $210.00
    Crating and Shipping to Austraila is $350.00 - $500.00

Options:
    Large cam journals
    3 inch main
    5 inch stroke clearance
    Lifter bore centers from 1.800 to 2.000
    Billet main caps
    *Stage 10 and 15 blocks
    do not feature true water jackets
    and are recommended for
    alcohol and nitromethane only.
    Billet main caps and 5/8 main studs with dual side bolts standard on all Stage 10 blocks

6. mark davison

mark davison New Member

Thanks people for the advice regretfully for the class i run in australia the block needs to be iron. It also runs brad heads on top so a bit of stuffing around with block to make it fit but it works well this engine has ran 6.38 in 2400 lb funny car but regretfully it has cracked around no 1 cylinder. At machine shop now getting repaired but need to start sourcing a new one for the future. Thanks for the info ......:eek:

7. Lou Osman

Lou Osman Member

8. Lou Osman

Lou Osman Member

I saw your post from way back in 2007 about KB blocks. I have a used Stage 16 block that I want to sell are you interested? I just retired from drag boat racing and am going to sell this block. Its a standard deck with a raised cam. Bore is 4 3/16.

9. sean70ss

sean70ss Member

Lou is it a water block? I am looking for one but need water. Thanks Sean

10. Lou Osman

Lou Osman Member

No its a forged billet billet.