IMPACT!-and the hits just keep on comin'!

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Bill Sweeney, Aug 19, 2009.

1. Bill Sweeney

Bill Sweeney Jr. Dragster

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Come on, Bill. You don't actually think...:D

3. nitrohemi

nitrohemi injected nitro!!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009
  4. Marc White

Marc White Member

Or you can come see my illegal useless sfi 20 suit hanging in my closet that they wont stand behind.

5. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

You won't see any of them wearing a 2007 or 2008 suit.......be glad to sell you my -20 if you're that high on them............... :mad:

6. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

You mean he's done more TO the sport. How many loved ones, friends, and fellow racers were sold JUNK from his last days at Simpson (remember that mess) until now? How many lives did he risk with his junk?

Jim Deist has done more, IMHO.

7. Bill Sweeney

Bill Sweeney Jr. Dragster

And I'm just forwarding the news from Hans about this issue which likely effects alot people on this site. I wasn't making a social commentary, although I do know I'll never wear anything from his company.

And as far as the pro racers on tv...DT once told me, "Free shit is still SHIT."

8. eli

eli Banned

Aaaaso you order shit you get shit:p

9. Marc White

Marc White Member

Im sure if they sold counterfeit hans mounts you will get a discount when you purchase the new ones from them. :D

10. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

It amazes me that some of our heros still wear and promote his stuff with big logos on their chests in the pits, people I know and like. I wouldn't promote a dinner for the homeless if this guy had anything to do with it.

A little birdie told me there may be a patent lawsuit brewing?

11. Ron Evans

Ron Evans New Member

it's a shame that someone with that much talent and innovation in the beginning has come to this. in business, you're only as good as your last set of downs, just like football. we moved to Bob Stroud's stuff 3 years ago and have been very satisfied with the quality and service. it's really too bad about Simpson but it is what it is, eh?!

12. backmotor

backmotor Owner/Crewchief/Test Pilot

Hey Ron, good to see you over here :D I agree completely with what you said, and when we get closer to the 200 MPH mark, I'm getting the R-3 style, head and neck restraint :cool:

13. top505

top505 New Member

Most of the pro teams have received FREE stuff. Impact is good at marketing - not good on customer support and their "VALUED CUSTOMERS"
    Well let's see J.R. Todd, Gary Scelzi, Morgan Lucas, Shawn Langdon all switched from Impact. Ask yourself why the Kallita cars don't use any of his products any more. Or why is Tony Pderegon now wearing something else.

Let's see he blamed one of his right hand guys for the problem, but this ex-employee was not there when the 2007 suits were being produced. Let's see he has problems with suits, boots, patent infringement, not too long ago gloves. Also, several years back he got in trouble for hiring illegal immigrants! All his employees are fleeing like they are illegals. That's a stand up guy for you!

If he has done more for this sport - then call IMPACT and ask them to refund the money we spent on product that does not pass code!!!!

In my opinion he is screwing the sport big time!

14. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

This might be a little off topic, but I'm curious about your statement here. Do you have nothing, now?
    If you don't, I'm not sure what speed has to do with your thought. People do harm to themselves everyday at 35 mph!:eek:

15. GregM784

GregM784 Member

I stepped up and bought a hans and i do not go 200. The 200mph deal is where NHRA says you have to wear one. Personally,i would wear one in an 11second car.

It amazes me that S/C drivers don't wear them at 190mph

16. 23T Hemmee

23T Hemmee Member

Does anybody remember if Antron wore an Impact suit? He was being interviewed at one of the "swing races" and was joking about having to borrow a suit from Millican and it being too tight in the ah'... seat area. No mention about why he had to borrow it, but I'm guessing Antron must have had an '07 suit that was no longer legal. Anybody know for sure?

17. rick macedo racing

rick macedo racing New Member

A while back didnt Force have a fire got the back of his legs a little burnt and actualy said he was wearing one of these new light weight suits where he was actualy laying down on the track,and next round was at the line in shorts walking like Fred Sanford.

18. Ed Heiman NT/F

Ed Heiman NT/F New Member

my issue is my NITRO helmet is brand new, and i really dont want to tear the liner and skirt out to replace the hans clips, this ain't right.

19. Bill Naves

Bill Naves Member

hans

they should be very accessible.you shouldn't have to "tear out " anything

20. GregM784

GregM784 Member

No tearing needed. You should have gotten a HANS wrench with your helmet. It is a 7/16" wrench that is about 1/16" thick, and 6 inches long. it reaches up inside the helmet and holds the nut while you unscrew the button.