I have a question ? ? ??

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by G.Reichert, Sep 22, 2003.

1. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

Iam not trying to be a jerk or anything I just want to know why change anything when you have blown cars that are running in the 5.30s at 265mph the same as A/Fuel cars and more consistent at it then the A/Fuel cars? PLEASE dont beat up on me for asking Im just wondering why.

2. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Well we can start by Bill's 5.19, Bradshaw's 5.20, Gunner's .23 want me to go on???

3. Dale_F

Dale_F Super Comp

I don't think you should be bashed for asking that question. But I personally would like to see something done to speed the Alcohol cars up so they can get the 5.23's at 280 mph too. But that is wishfull thinking on my part. I still see the alky cars more than tenth behind. Anybody know what happened to Stark ?

DF

[ September 22, 2003, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: Dale_F ]

4. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Dale, NHRA's very concerned about sppeds at some Div. Tracks. NHRA has said on more than one occasion that they will not allow any new blowers for the blown cars!

5. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

Dale, NHRA's very concerned about speeds at some Div. Tracks. NHRA has said on more than one occasion that they will not allow any new blowers for the blown cars!

6. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

What about Santos and Shields 5.20s and the way Marty is running it wont belong before he goes a 5.20 which I think is great. The faster the cars go the more the fans love it. Its not just A/Fuel cars that can runs fast its blown cars too. Why not just get along and race and have fun. Life is too short not to.

7. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

I dont understand why NHRA wants to slow down anyone in the TAD class just because speed is up. We go to alot of the same tracks that the Top Fuel class goes to so why dont they slow them down if its so dangerous.

8. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

isnt racing supposed to be building a race car and being able to make it go as fast as you can and having fun while youre doing it?

9. '66 Vette

'66 Vette New Member

G,

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt with your series of questions. You run a/fuel, which is great, and I am sure you are trying to protect your type of car. But really, your questions are amazing.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity"

- Martin Luther King, Jr.

10. G.Reichert

G.Reichert New Member

I like both blown cars and A/Fuel cars. I was told over the weekend that NHRA wanted to slow down the A/Fuel cars because of their mph. That makes no sence to me.

11. Pat McGill

Pat McGill Member

Insurance companies worry about MPH, not ET.

12. Michael Gunderson

Michael Gunderson New Member

First, congrats to Marty and team. That is a good question though. Maybe Marty should sell is services to some other teams.MG

13. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

i think the columbus lodrs should hardly be a barometer to judge current class parity. marty has a bad hot rod, but he has his car running on the edge of the blown car's current potential right now. the corrected altitude was around 1500 ft when marty made that run (650 alt, 73 deg, 43% hum i think)with a track temp of 98 degrees. i didnt see the run, as we had already run, but i could probably make a 10 page list of a/fuel runs better than the .38 and .39 runs yall and stark made in those conditions.

i agree, marty's performance was superb in columbus. we thought we had it going on after we ran a .42 saturday afternoon, but we just hopped it up too much from there.

14. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

I guess the A-Fuel guys should feel just like the blown PM guys! Afterall they've been "slowed" down 3 times in the last year! Gun, did you read my response to your accusing me of just being an A-fuel basher on your question thread???

15. Max Power

Max Power New Member

I always find it somewhat amusing, when the runs by Rick Santos (now 2 years ago) are brought up. They spent almost 500 thousand dollars that year, and they have been absent since. Of course they ran a couple of times last year, but with out the big budget they were and are dust in the wind. Marty Thacker is running AWESOME right now, but he wont be low qualifier in Chicago this weekend, it wont run a low 20 or high teen. Yes 265 is fast, but its a long way from 278 or 280. Not everyone has the desire to run Nitromethane. But if 5.35 at 265 equates to 5.23 280 in someones mind then this conversation is pointless, as we will never agree.

Max

[ September 22, 2003, 11:58 PM: Message edited by: Max Power ]

16. David Smith

David Smith Member

As a big fan of the Top Alky class and a friend to some of you racers I have had the pleasure of meeting so far the first thing that always is on my mind is all your safety. I have been to alot of differnt Divisional tracks over the years and I have to say some of them are not even safe for the faster classes in comp eliminater. I am not sure what the solution is but some of these tracks should be taken off the scedule for the alky cars because there not even safe for cars that run over 200 mph let alone 250 mph and up.

17. The Zone

The Zone Member

Mrs. Reichert, you can't even come close to comparing a National event track to some of the Divisional tracks out there. THe NHRA puts down between 4-7 barrels of VHT on any given wekend for a Nat'l event, some of the divisional tracks don't use that in the whole year. A Track like Yakima, Sacramento, or Boise on the west coast don't have a for 280 mph race cars. As far as Marty Thacker goes or trying to compare Santos and Shields and their 5.20 passes to anythng that has happened in the past year is down right ignorant. Santos best was a 5.27. He made five 5.2 passes between 5.27 - 5.29. Barely into the 5.20's. Shields made two passes in the 5.20's the best being 5.26. There has not been a 5.20 pass this year, and only three in 2003. Where do you see the equality. Try and keep your tunnel vision out of the problem.
    Dean Murdoch, SpeedZone Magazine

18. Rocky

Rocky New Member

Mrs. Reichert,

Two points.

1) I believe that if the BAD racers had their druthers, they would like to have more performance, not have performance taken away from AFD cars.

2) Some Divisional tracks (not National event tracks) are reaching their limits of safety at the speeds the AFD cars are reaching today.

So, as the NHRA tries to bring more balance to the class, their concerns about safety are leading them to remove some performance from AFD rather than giving more to BAD.

[ September 22, 2003, 11:11 PM: Message edited by: Rocky ]

19. Sam I Am

Sam I Am New Member

I think the reason that the blown cars aren't running as fast as they use to is because all the fast blown people have switch to a-fuel....Reichert=top 10 player, Gunderson= #3 in world 99' before he switched, Bartone=world champion and holder of records in TAFC and TAD, Bowen= top 10 car, Bradshaw=division champion, Darien=too many top ten players to count, gallant=was a blown car with mixed results, there are a lot of people who use to have blowers. These people are pretty shape when it comes to tuning a car.

Maybe thats why the blown cars are so slow now? What new meat has been entered in TAD blower catagory beside Thacker lately? I don't know who Will is or who he tunes but, he should talk to the Thacker guy for help if his car only ran a 42 when Thacker ran a 35.....

I thought Mrs. Reichert didn't want to get beat up on. No respect for a lady.......

Samsonite

20. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

marty, how do i run a 5.35? :D

by the way, sam, marty ran a .44 in that session.

[ September 23, 2003, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: Will Hanna ]