hub/crank gear installation tool

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by Will Hanna, Jul 10, 2009.

1. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

who has the trick setup/tools for installing these?

2. ITS IN MY BLOOD

Call,.. Ora Vasquez,..

He has/makes some of the slickest,coolest tools, I have ever been
    able to use on alky/nitro motors.

..Maybe DT has his number..

:D

3. Mike Canter

Mike Canter Top Dragster
    Staff Member

RCD sells them

4. nitrohemi

nitrohemi injected nitro!!

Warm it up & it will drop on like Butter. use an "Automan" crank bolt & washer kit & it will come right off with a cheap harmonic balancer puller. without any gauling of crank or hub. Ask Snyder he showed me the light.

http://snydermotorsports.com/bcacc.htm

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  5. 65dodge

65dodge Member

I used a cheap (Lisle brand) puller to take it off but you have to remove 3 studs. I bought a regular balancer installer then bought a long bolt (I have the RCD crank hub support gear drive) to make an adapter. I took a piece of 2 inch diameter pipe about 3 inches long and welded a big washer on to each end to press it on. It works good for me and cost almost nothing.

I am sure you are looking for a better setup but I thought I would share what worked for me.

6. secondwindracing

secondwindracing top alcohol

I do Will:).. I built a push pull I machined the ring and it uses a push pull ram and I use my pro jack pump...it works soooo easy.Dave

7. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

removal

Removal isn't that big of a problem. We use the big Automan bolt, comes right off. I have the Triple T gear removal tool, that worked great as well. The gear went on without too much hassle, but we had to rig something up that wasn't too 'trick' to get the hub back on.

8. blown375

blown375 New Member

Will I made my own and it works great.
    I made a pusher that uses a length of structural threaded rod the same size as the crank bolt .
    Then in a lathe I made a pusher sleeve that just slides over the threaded rod and one end goes up against the hub then the other end is machined to accept a torrington bearing (out of a torque converter) then on the other side of the bearing is hub that is threaded to fit the threaded rod and machined to fit the bearing on one end and the other side is machined to take a wrench .
    Back when I ran a small block I would push the hub on most of the way without even using the wrench and it works great on the hemi too!

p.s. a little ARP lube on the threads of the installer doesn't hurt