How Many Teams Have Been Effected

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by imjustafan, Jul 23, 2003.

1. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

How many teams have been effected by the cancelations of National events for TAD/TAFC. It seems that there are quit a few teams that have parked their cars and are not running any longer. I got to thinking, is it because of the A/Fuel battle in TAD, the blower OD decrease in TAFC or was it because they canceled many National events?

ORRRR could it be all the above?

I didn't go to Denver this year because the classes were not running. If Phoenix was not so close to home I would not have attened that event either.

Comments please.

[ July 23, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: imjustafan ]

2. ROF

ROF Top Dragster

I wish they would give back Phoenix & Las Vegas. Who cares about Denver.

Div. races are too expensive to run for such a small amount of money, but if you compare the cost of traveling to some of the National events its a wash.

We have been doing alot of match racing. It pays better and you don't break much. Not as much fun to just to go up and down the track though.

NHRA, please let the alcohol cars run at all of National events. Pretty please.

Think that will work?

[ July 25, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: F-O-R ]

3. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

I would never go to an event without TAD/TAFC

I can pull it at home, why have to do it at the track.

4. imjustafan

imjustafan New Member

tjenna-thats too funny

I have to agree, it is really a long day at the races when the alcohol bunch isn't racing.

I noticed that at Denver they gave the spectator an additional round of Super/zzzzz racing. I bet the spectators were on their feet for that.

I think that if Grahm had his way, alcohol racing would already be gone. If it were not for a/fuel picking up car counts NHRA would have already ordered the head stone.

[ July 25, 2003, 06:20 PM: Message edited by: imjustafan ]

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

One thing alky racing gives the fans is a chance to see up close how much work and what's involved in racing a blown car, verses fighting the ropes and crowds in the pro pits. I'm not much of a spectator, but I would think a race without alky would be like getting a sugar rush, hits you hard all at once and it's all done till next time.

6. Rocky

Rocky New Member

If I'm not mistaken, the NHRA cut back on TA at national events to increase purses. TA teams were concerned about the low payouts. So, the NHRA reduced the number of events at which TA was contested and divided the pot among the remaining events. Voila! Increased purses at the national events running TA and the NHRA didn't have to put up additional money.

I agree that there's a void in the national event programs w/o TA. The spring race at Joliet last year seemed empty with TA missing. This year they brought in the Pro Mods and it did a nice job of filling the spot left open.

7. David Smith

David Smith Member

Rocky add the total purse money from the events taken away from the Alky Classes and add what the increases were and you will see a descrepency .

8. tjenna

tjenna Top Alcohol

Payouts?

Each Alcohol Class brings in approx. $10,000 at an Event (entry fees, tickets etc.) They practically pay their owe purses. NHRA has never given the Alcohol Cars what they deserve.

There should be no entry fee and driver plus five crewman should get tickets. Plus nice pit spaces. Not in the f'n mud.

Anyway

9. Rocky

Rocky New Member

I also agree that the purses for TA are less than adequate. NHRA has (in their minds) tried to address it, but it's not enough.

Tracks vary in the quality of their pit areas. I find it ironic that the NHRA owned tracks have worse pits area than the non-NHRA owned ones. IRP is the pits (pun intended) compared to Joliet.

10. Max Power

Max Power New Member

f-o-r if you,ve never been to Denver, you would not under stand why its a good place to see a race. Phoenix badly needs to uggrade.

11. Kingnitro

Kingnitro New Member

I will not attend any race that does not have the alky cars, why spend $50-60 to see a half show?