How many people are in the stands during a sunday pro session?

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Alky_lover_and_drinker, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Alky_lover_and_drinker

How many people do you guys estimate are in the stands watching Sunday pro eliminations at National Events?

Obviously the numbers will vary depending on if it's Indy or what race it is but throw some numbers out there for any race in your opinion. How many people do you think?

2. Will Hanna

Will Hanna We put the 'inside' in Top Alcohol
    Staff Member

I would say your average national event spectator capacity would be around 25,000. Low end 20, high end 35, maybe 40 at some venues like Norwalk.

3. Speedracer1

Speedracer1 New Member

Jeff Hollis

I have been to Indy alot and I have been Supprized at the Scarcity of people in the stands at various times.It seems to me that in years past,it was Standing Room only for the entire Event.But I,am a few days older now,and everybody knows about your memory.Happy Holidays

4. Speedracer1

Speedracer1 New Member

Jeff Hollis

Just though that I would throw out a little food for thought.In 1974 at Indy they had 132 T/Fuel cars.Don,t remember how many F/Cars.All of the Door cars,Comp,Had to pit over behind the Spectator Stands.I was there.You got to lay in the Grass to change oil.And you could not move for all the people.

5. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

How many fans are in the stands on Sunday when the pro's are running? Once they start running pro stock, I'd say that at least both of them are still in the stands.