How a Crower clutch is tuned!

Discussion in 'PSI Superchargers Tech Questions' started by jdgmntl, Sep 9, 2003.

1. jdgmntl

jdgmntl New Member

I am only two years into this whole alcohol thing and no straight answers on how the magic plates work! Is there anyone out there that can give us an answer or point us in the direction of a book or manual or wall etchings on a cave that may give us some insight on how to tune the clutch? Thanks guys.JDD

2. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

Canada's very own Les Davenport sells a program for your computer which clearly illustrates the effects of counterweight and static adjustments in terms of plate load at a given RPM. The manufacturer of your clutch should have information, too. Since it's a Crower, call Bob because he has a manual which is helpfull and explains in detail how to set one up. As far as initial settings go, he could help you there, too. Frank at AFT gave me Clutch 101 about 15 years ago. He's one of the smartest clutch guys around. If yours was an AFT, I would have said to call and ask him.

[ September 10, 2003, 05:29 AM: Message edited by: Randy G. ]

3. NOBODYUKNOW

NOBODYUKNOW New Member

... I completly agree with Randy, Until you have a "TRUE Understanding" of how a clutch works, You're just "Chasing your tail" and wasting ALOT of your hard earned dollars.
    Randy helped us once in Sonoma, And I feel confident in saying "He has a REAL feel for Clutch Requirements".........

Good Luck in the ALKY Classes

4. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

NOBODYUKNOW...DOIKNOWYOU?