Houston TV Coverage

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by MaineAlkyFan, Apr 8, 2014.

1. MaineAlkyFan

MaineAlkyFan Active Member

So I did everything right...
    Wrote down the entire TV schedule on my wall calendar when it was first published by NHRA.
    Checked NHRA's site this past Friday to confirm the airtime & channel for the Houston Alky show.
    Checked my Direct TV schedule to make sure it matched what NHRA was saying.
    Set my recorder to record the show at 11:30EST Sunday, right after cricket.
    Set my recorder to record tennis for the two hours after the show, because the prior programming always runs over.

Sunday evening I sit down to get my alky fix. Cricket runs over by a full hour (Shri Lanka beat India). Coverage goes directly to tennis, right on time.

Stiffed again.

Did I just completely screw up, or is NHRA/ESPN2 at fault?

Chris Saulnier
    Mechanic Falls, Maine

2. vamcaptain

vamcaptain Member

Clint Thompson said the same thing on Facebook and I agree. I just can't understand why ESPN2 does it to the NHRA consistently. I have found the best way to be sure you get to watch the races is to get an Apple TV like I did. It's a small box that will stream from your wifi internet to your HD TV. When NHRA has a race it will stream live from ESPN3 to your TV. It will replay for a weak or two if you miss it. You can even watch the qualifying sessions on Saturdays. If it is a race with the Alcohol classes you will get all of that to. The only downside is that because it is live you get to watch them clean the track every time there's a broken car. I have gotten good at forwarding through all that.

I miss Diamond P Motorsports Cavalcade!

3. MaineAlkyFan

MaineAlkyFan Active Member

Vegas replay!

Looks like NHRA is replaying the previously missed Lucas Vegas Coverage right after the Charlotte Pro Show tonight.

Chris Saulnier
    Mechanic Falls, Maine