Hoosier C2055 Banned !

Discussion in 'Pit Buzz' started by Bob Meyer, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Bob Meyer

Bob Meyer Comp Eliminator

Updated June 8, 2011

Effective immediately, we are asking NHRA competitors in the Pro Mod, Top Alcohol Funny Car and Top Alcohol Dragster classes and IHRA competitors in the Pro Fuel Dragster classes, to suspend use of the below listed tires until further notice.

Catalog number: 18900

Size: 36.0 X 17.0 – 16

Construction Tag: C2055

Today's ammended update from Hoosier. Hope it dosen't effect anything to do with the 34.5".

2. youngtuner

youngtuner Member

Hoosier recalled all those tires and told every racer idividually that had them not to run them becuase they explode. A few ignored them cause they couldnt get the goodyears to work.

3. Cap Racing

Cap Racing New Member

That's unfortunate. Hoosier should supply anyone that bought them a new set of tires.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2011
  4. Don Onimus

Don Onimus New Member

hoosier

Yea, and Impact gave everyone there money back on the fire suits. Maybe in a perfect word. Not corporate GREED Don

5. TAD1128

TAD1128 Member

I put mine on for 2 test runs. Mike crashed and they called me immediately to take them off. They offered to help me out with mine, and I think they did offer to buy other people's back but I am not certain. Too many people speak without knowing facts.

Which reminds me...Rich McPhillips...if they didn't call you already, call Roy at Hoosier he is looking for your number.

6. Ken Sitko

Ken Sitko Super Comp

I just talked to Hoosier, because I was concerned about running the tires on our nostalgia nitro funny car. They also have the C2055 number on the tires, but they are 34.5 tall. I was told that because the speeds are much lower (typically 250 mph or lower), and the downforce is much less than an a fuel car, they will be fine. I was told that the 34.5 tires would also not be recommended for an a-fuel car for these reasons. That worries me a bit, as we are running tomorrow, and it sounds like these tires might be on the edge.

7. The Zone

The Zone Member

only the 36 in are the issue. If An A/F was running a 34.5 then they are not very smart.

There has been no issues with the 34.5

All the TAD (blown) and TAFC teams run those Ken Speeds are 270 (TAD) and over 260 for TAFC teams no issues

Dean

8. Randy G.

Randy G. Top Alcohol

I agree. Any corporation out there to make a profit should shut down immediately. They should fire all of their employees, stop competing in the open market and forget about making products people want to buy. That'll show those greedy (edit by RG)!!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011